dreams

I sat on the sofa getting lectured. "no more of this stupid music" she smashes my guitar. "that was from tia!" I yell in tears. "mom!" dad yells coming over. "I hate you!" I run to my room and slam the door locking it.

In the morning
I got dressed then left to school. I was standing at my locker when Luke stands next to me. "hi" girls wave at him. "so we're setting up for another gig, we've got songs to write" he says happily. "no thanks" I close my locker and walk off. "what's wrong?" he asks catching up to me. "nothing, I'll see you later" I walk into class. We had another assembly where dirty candy preformed. I sat in the bleacher next to the wall and laid my head down.

"hey wake up" Julie shakes me. "this is embarrassing" I stand up. Then it hits me, I run to the music room and start writing. "Julie, get Luke" I say knowing she was going home.

"why?" she asks. "just tell that cute, toothy grin jerk to come here" I say as she nods. After about half an hour Luke appears. "Luke I've got the perfect idea" I smile, he sits next to me, "listen?" he questions and I quickly swipe that away. "not that one,  this one" I hand it to him.

"I like it" he smiles big. We fill in the cracks and pieces of it. "I'm going to the bathroom, I'll be back" I say. When I come back to the bathroom he's singing me song.

Luke
You should have listened
There is someone here inside
Someone I thought had died
So long ago

I walk out and sing it with him

Ash
Oh, I'm screaming out, and my dreams will be heard
They will not be pushed aside or worse
Into your own
All 'cause you won't listen

Luke and ash
Listen
I am alone at a crossroads
I'm not at home in my own home
And I've tried and tried
To say what's on my mind
You should have known
Oh, now I'm done believing you
You don't know what I'm feeling
I'm more than what you made of me
I followed the voice you gave to me
But now I gotta find my own

"why'd you read my song?" I ask. "why'd you give my parents unsaid Emily?" he asks back. "touchè" I state. I sit down and put my head on his shoulder. He moves his head and kisses me sweetly and softly.

We pull away and chuckle. "um.. W... Will....you be my... Uh..will you be my girlfriend?" he asks scratching the back of his neck. "really?" I ask. "yeah" he shakes his head like it was crazy I even asked. "I would love to be your girlfriend" I smile.

I've never seen his smile so big, "like you said this is an interesting relationship you and I have" I chuckle. "yeah" he sighs. "well if it goes downhill, at least I got my first boyfriend" I chuckle. "true" he nods. Then it hit me, "what if your unfinished business is getting famous?" I ask. He looks like he was thinking about it. "I mean you wanted to be famous, you guys wanted to be idols and Bobby stole that from you when you died" I say.

"I'll see you at the garage" I kiss his cheek and run off to my moms house. "can you tell me about grandpa?" I ask. "he was a magician, and he always sang to me a song his mother sang to him.

He was an amazing man, but when a magician can't do their trick it drives them mad" she sighs. "he practiced that trick daily until it killed him" she wipes her tears.

Ash
I'll be with you from dusk til dawn

"that was the song, how'd you know?" she asks. "tia used to sing it to me" I answer. "she was an amazing women" mom states. "she was" I nod.

"we need to make amends, I want to be your mom" she says as I see Caleb walking the halls. "I'm going to the bathroom" I say going down the halls. "what are you doing here?" he asks in spite. "this is my mom's house" I cross my arms.