Gone (day 7) (yeah i skipped day 6)

(also quick question, do you want me to move these to a seperate book or keep them here?)

"Mountain."

He was being shook.

"Mountain wake up."

He turned over, trying to get away from whoever was shaking him from his sleep.

"MOUNTAIN!" His eyes flicked open. Taxi was panickedly shaking him.

"What?" Mountain mumbled, stretching his arms wide and giving a big yawn. He glared up at the Tabaxi as he stood up from where he was sleeping. "How did you get in my room?"

Taxi stared at for a minute. "The door was unlocked?"

"Oh."

"Yeah, anyways I can't find Vel anywhere and I don't want to wake the Vengolors." Taxi said, playing with his hands as he paces around.

"And how long has she been gone?" Mountain yawns, covering his mouth. He pulled his flask of mead from his slide, dumping what would have filled the flask if it wasn't infinite.

"Mountain stop drinking." Taxi grumbled, crossing his arms. "She's been gone for hours. She said she would be back like... three hours ago!"

"It's barely morning." Mountain looked out the curtain covering the sunlight, "Wait no, it's midday already?"

Taxi gave a sigh. "I'm just worried, I checked her room and she wasn't here."

"Did she say where she was going?"

"The library."

Mountain pushed Taxi aside to get out the door. He peeked down the hallway. "Why didn't you wake of Br'aad or something? He's got that magic-y stuff that tracks things."

"I already said I didn't want to wake him."

"Then why did you wake me." Mountain swished his flask back and forth. "Whatever, we can go looking at libraries."

"Thank you."

It had been hours, they had gone library to library, talking with almost everyone they could find.

No one knew anything. She was just... gone.

"Please sir, are you sure you haven't seen a magenta tiefling. She's about yay high." Taxi held his hand at where he could kind of remember her height being.

The halfling in front of him leaned back in his chair, punching up his nose. "...Maybe." With a twisted smile he held out his hand.

Mountain rolled his eyes, pulling out a few coins out his pouch. The halfling shook his head, flicking his hand for more. Taxi dropped a few more coins.

"She went out back to the door to the right. 'Leads to the basement. She was looking for some books. We also have a bit of a... smuggling issue down there. A few people would probably rather her not have those books." He made a pair of clicking sounds with his tongue, pulling the coins closer to his face, counting them out. "Pleasure doing business."

Mountain and Taxi give half-hearted goodbye before going the direction they had been told to.

After descending the stairs, they both took in a harsh gasp. Bodies littered the floors, Mountain leaned down to one, quickly noticing the shallow breathing of the man. Following the path of the unconscious forms, they met a large pile of books.

A small table was pulled out from the side, a chair pushing in with Vel sitting, legs crossed and reading. Bodies of who he presumed were the smugglers laid by her feet.

Her eyes flicked upwords.

"Oh sorry, did I lose track of time?"