It's Just...Weird

Start from the beginning

"It sucks that our schedules are completely different but i'm glad that we get these break days for coffee or just movies" I smiled up at Lucas.

"Me too. That reminds me we should catch a movie soon. How bout next Friday?" Lucas asked me.

"Definitely. I'll let you know if anything comes up." I said before giving him one last kiss that lasted a little longer than the first and left me with a rosy tint to my face before I finally walked inside.

The next day at school I was waiting for Alexa and Katie to put their stuff in their lockers when Hannah walked by us. I had already made the run down the hall to my locker and I was just waiting for my friends.

"Hey, Hannah." I greeted the dark haired girl. "Where's Reagan? I haven't seen her all day."

"She's with her other friends." Hannah told me.

"She has another group of friends?" Katie asked.

"Oh, yeah, she only hangs out with us when she wants to be the smart one." Hannah said causing me to make a face.

"Mom has another thing after work tomorrow night." Katie told me after she checked her texts.

"And the other day she was in the phone with someone named Mike." I informed everyone.

"Did you ask her who Mike is?" Alexa asked me.

"I did. And she said. "Ike?" I said, "Who's Ike?" and she said, "I don't know any Ikes." Then she pretended Jack was calling her and she left the room. She never leaves the room when Jack calls her." I informed everyone.

"Why won't our mom just tell us she's dating someone?" Katie said.

"My dad's been dating a lot, too: women from dating apps who resent me for my sweet personality." Gwenny told us as she walked up to us.

"You sure they don't resent you for someone else?" Alexa asked.

"It's my sweet personality." Gwenny defended quickly.

"She's been out a lot this week." Katie told Alexa.

"My dad's been out a lot this week, too."

"Oh, my gosh, wouldn't it be hilarious if your mom is dating your dad?" Hannah said pointing towards and Katie and I and then Gwenny. We all laughed until we came to realized that this was very much a possibility.

"Hannah, stop laughing!" Alexa said.

"No, okay, it's not Gwenny's dad. No, my mom's dating someone named Mike." I said not wanting my mom to date someone who was related to my boyfriends ex girlfriend who was also my new found enemy.

"My dad's name is Mike." Gwenny said.

"Are you sure it's Mike?" Katie stuttered out.

"How cool. If your parents are dating, you'll have holidays together, family vacations...And if they get married you'd be step-sisters and share a room." Hannah told us.

"Nooooo!" I exclaimed banging my head on the lockers behind me.

"I don't share. I'm getting to the bottom of this." Gwenny said before walking off.

"Okay. Um, huh, wow, I need to talk about something else." Katie said. "Like your basketball game. Yeah, I hope Spencer can make it."

"Ah, he has an appointment, so he probably won't." Alexa told us.

"I hope he does. Meeting him would be the most exciting part of the game." Hannah told her.

"Really."