𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

Start from the beginning

•♛•

     "do you know what the first task is?", pansy asked victoria while the two sat on one side of the ballroom.

     honestly victoria didn't know why all the girls sat on one side of the room while the boys sat on the other side. yet neither did she know why professor mcgonagall's transfigurations class was suddenly being held in a ballroom.

     "no, but I'm not exactly worried", victoria lied. she knew exactly what she was going up against, but so did the other contestants.

     victoria just thought it'd be nice for people to have a surprise since it'd be quite boring if everyone already knew what the trials were going to be.

pansy just hummed as she watched professor mcgonagall walk to the middle of the room as argus filch stood by the corner next to a phonograph.

"as we should all know, there a tradition for the triwizard tournament. since it's inception on christmas eve, we and our guests, must be gathered in the great hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity", mcgonagall announced.

"as representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward because the yule ball is first and foremost a dance".

the slytherins and few beauxbatons and durmstrang students started whispering and groaning.

victoria wasn't sure why people were so surprised, as the word "ball" should've hinted that there was going to be a dance.

     "did you hear? a ball? quite exciting isn't it?", pansy smiled.

     "indeed", victoria softly replied, though dancing was the least of her concerns right now.

     "who will you be going with?", pansy asked, clearly already having someone in mind.

     "pardon?"

     "you can't possibly tell me you're going without a date! I mean...all champions are required to attend with one", pansy said.

     "and why can't I attend without a date? perhaps I'd ought to walk down that aisle by myself", victoria slightly grinned, making pansy baffled.

"ahem! ms. parkinson and ms. noir, since you two are so well-versed in dancing that you both can just ignore my lesson, might as well do a class demonstration", mcgonagall announced, making a few slytherins snicker.

     pansy simply rolled her eyes as victoria sighed. she stood up, patting down the silky blue fabric of her uniform dress, and extended her hand out to pansy.

victoria hastily pulled pansy up to her feet, putting one of her hands on pansy's waist as she led the girl across the ballroom.

     "what in merlin's beard are you—"

"dancing, professor", victoria simply smiled as she glazed around the floor like an elegant swan.

the two girls twirled and turned, making draco scoff. indeed victoria was quite the interesting figure, but nothing he couldn't handle.