Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4:

Anjali's POV:
I was up exact on time. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, put up the track suit and went out to jog. I put up some BTS tracks on my air pods to keep my head clear. After returning, I went straight into the kitchen and put two eggs on the stove to boil. Till that time I went to take a quick shower and dressed up as soon as possible. I have to arrive at campus before the official time as I have to submit my assignments and research. I pull the eggs, and put brown bread slice on the stove, I prepared my juice, set everything in the tray and brought it to the dining table. I was eating and going through my presentation on laptop simultaneously. After finishing the breakfast and took a last minute check on my research work, packed everything and left for the Uni.

Hopefully I arrived before the time, I took the path of research department and entered the room where my colleagues were already present. I settled next to Pooja who was not uttering a word after our last night discussion. Soon our professor entered the room and I was called for the presentation.

I finished my presentation which went really good, after which I submitted my research. I just pray that my research gets accepted and then there will be just few more obstacles left between me and my Ph.D. As soon I submit my research I rushed to the H.O.D of Mathematics Sir Anil Jaiswal's cabin to talk to him about extra classes for students with average or below par progress. I came across Paras just as I was rushing to Sir Anil's cabin. His expressions were clearly telling that he was not very fond of me. His eyes had a sight of loathe which was increasing my pain. I was deeply hurt the way he looked at me but that were the consequences of my fault. But I promised to myself that I will clear his thoughts about me but first I have to meet Sir Anil.

Paras' POV:
The day started as usual with Ashish and Mansoor arguing over something which I tend to forget every day. Mansoor never gets ready for the Uni until we both keep an eye on him. Before we could leave for the dorm canteen, I received a call from my father and I was sure that it will be my mother who would be restless to talk with me. I talked to both of them, they were eagerly for my tennis match and wished me good luck. I wished that they would have been here in Bengaluru. There sigh would have been a morale booster for me, but anyways I know even there in Itanagar they would be praying for my victory. That's thought is enough to give me confidence that I could win, also my performance is up to the mark and I'm practicing every day.

We left the dorm after completing our breakfast. Mansoor as usual was going crazy on speed of his bike terrifying souls out of Ashish. I was maintaining a low speed because I don't want to leave this world before I could do something for my parents who have invested so much in me. Mansoor on the other hand gets busy with his girl everyday while putting me on the duty to cover him whenever his parents call him from Vizag. We parked our bikes and Ashish was continuously spilling out profanities for Mansoor who had a big smile on his face. There everyday quarrel always makes my day. I also indulged in the quarrel and started pulling brains out of Mansoor, in the end he showed the flag and had to give us a treat during our break after Physics lecture. But first I have to go the tennis club which was on the opposite side of the main building of campus. Ashish left for his Mechanics class and Mansoor accompanied me.

We were talking about random things on our way when I caught the sight of someone who would be the last person I want to see in my life. Miss Anjali. She was in a hurry and I don't even care about it, but as she was a teacher, a respected teacher, I had to wish him. She stopped in her way after seeing me and put up a small smile which was her first smile in many days towards me. I was actually surprised that she could even smile at my sight but that doesn't change anything she did to me. I gave her a dreadful look and her smile faded away, I felt a little bit inadequate, after all she's my teacher. But it still disturbs me the way she started behaving with me, she didn't waited much after I passed my look and continued in her way, and so I.