~ prologue ~

~ I'm a sun flower, a little funny ~

Noah Calvino stood across from her classroom door, a warm cup of coffee in her tan hands

Noah Calvino stood across from her classroom door, a warm cup of coffee in her tan hands. Mathew Keller, the schools custodian, expertly fixed the broken door window. One of her students, Jack Hotchner and his best friend Randy Johnson had accidentally broke the window.

Noah wasn't even mad, in fact the whole situation didn't bug her one bit. Both boys were more upset than their teacher ever could be. Jack had dragged his terrified friend up by the forearm and apologized for the both of them, stating 'I promise it was a accident, we really didn't mean to Ms. Calvino'. How could she stay mad at that adorable face?

Plus, contrary to popular belief, teachers had favorites. Ms. Calvino had admitted to herself a long time ago, the first week of school, that Jack Hotchner was her favorite student. Mostly because on the Wednesday of that very week his father had called asking her how to pronounce her last name. Apparently Jack had wanted to say it right instead of calling her Ms. C like everyone else.

That strive to learn never seemed to leave that blonde boy. Since Noah taught at a private school, she had the same group of children since they were in kindergarten. Well she got this group when she transferred to this school, they were in about 2nd grade by that point.

That was something Noah loved about this school, the fact that teachers got the privilege to watch each child grow up, they did have them till 8th grade. Mathew turned around and flashed Noah a dashing smile, he was one good looking custodian, though not Noah's type.

In fact he kind of gave the school teacher the creeps. Despite that, she returned his smile and got up from leaning against the wall. Just as she was about to enter her classroom the sound of a frantic voice rang down the otherwise quiet hallway, "Ms. Calvino! Ms. Calvino!" Noah's steps falter, a genuine smile growing on her golden tanned skin.

She turns around, setting her coffee on the floor by her door, "Is that Jack Hotchner I hear?" She questions rhetorically. The young boy stops in front of his teacher, a cheeky smile on his face.

"Good morning Ms. Calvino."

"Good morning Jack," Noah mumbles, ruffling his blonde hair. Looking up, her smile doesn't waver, "Mr. Hotchner,"

The FBI agent nods, a rare smile on his face, "I do believe we've known each other long enough to drop the formalities Ms. Calvino."

Noah's smile brightens, "You say this every time we meet, its almost as if you truly believe I'll listen." She comments, motioning them to follow her into her classroom. From experience, Noah was pretty sure she knew of the reason behind the agents appearance.

Walking to her desk she elegantly takes a seat, "Jack can you please put my lights on?" She asks kindly, knowing turning on the excessive amount of Christmas lights and light up Knickknacks would distract the child long enough for her to pretend to have took money from Aaron Hotchner.

Jack nods enthusiastically, running of to the back to start with his favorite hulk themed lamp, "He loves Hulk." Aaron states.

Noah turns her attention to him, "Id hope, he made the lamp shade in arts two years ago,"

Taking a seat in front of Noah, the agent glances at the door, then the custodian fixing it. His gaze stays on the custodian a little long, remembering a comment from Jack about the strange man, "I see you got the window fixed." He comments, pointing towards the newly fixed window.

Noah nods, "Of course, the sooner it's fixed the sooner Jack forgets he broke it. The poor kid will probably be apologizing all week."

Aaron chuckles, "How much do I own the school."

"I payed for the damage don't worry about it."

"How much do I owe you?"

"Nothing."

"Ms. Calvino, I'm a FBI agent, I can afford a window repair."

"Congratulations, if Jack wants to break a window on purpose so his FBI father can pay for it then please by all means,"

"How much?"

Noah ignores him, instead focusing her attention on the computer in front of her.

"Ms. Calvino."

Noah types in her password, only half paying attention to the emails on her computer.

"Ms-"

"Aaron! Don't make me kick you out of my class."

It's silent, then the agent laughs, "You wouldn't."

Noah hits the enter key about to aggressively on her keyboard, "If you don't tell your kid you gave me money- All done are we Jack?" she asks, her glare morphing into a smile.

Jack nods, "Yes Ma'am."

"We've talked about this Jack."

"Sorry, yes Ms. Calvino."

"Thank you, now how about you go to the play ground, I'm sure Rudy has arrived by now."

Jack nods, running off without a word. He needed to ask Rudy a very important question.

Once he exits the classroom, Noah stands up, "I wish it wasn't a rule that they had to start calling me Ms. Calvino after kindergarten." Noah complains.

"You didn't even have them for kindergarten," Aaron replies, an amused smile on his face.

Noah sighs, walking Aaron to the door, "Which is exactly why I can't get away with having them call me Noah or even Jane." She retorts, sadness creeping into her voice.

Aaron laughs again, "I wish you a good day Ms. Calvino,"

"Do you think I could get away with adding a Ms in front of my first name and calling it good?"

"No, even if you did Jack would never agree."

"I'm starting to understand why." Noah half heartedly glares at the agent.

Aaron just smiles, "Have a nice day Ms. Calvino."

"You too Mr. Hotchner," Noah mumbles, sighing in relief when she realizes that the window was done and the custodian had no reason to be around. Of course, the profiler behind her picked up that but let it slide for the moment, he did have to be at the jet in 10 minutes. His 30 minutes where almost up.

As soon as Noah set foot in her calmly lit classroom , the school bell rang, each child filing into her class.

Of course the only thing Noah notices was how when Jack Hotchner wipes the sweat off his forehead and pulled of his sweatshirt, dark purple, almost black finger shaped bruises littered the area around his 9 year old frail wrist.