~ he couldnt possibly be aware ~

~ Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes and confess
your lust ~

A/N: and finally, I present to you, actual sexual tension, a development I know

"Aaron you don't understand how terrifying this is for me. You've known me for years why do you think I never date?" Noah's eyes were wide as she stared at the FBI agent in front of her.

Aaron shrugged, his suit bunching ever so slightly on his arms due to his muscles. He stood on the other side of his oak desk across from Noah in his office, "Because you throw yourself into work like crazy." He answered half heartedly. He was just happy he had her now. She was his. Finally. Hopefully. Technically they never really actually talked about it.

Noah sighed, blinking heavily for a moment, her hands held together as she leaning forward in her seat, eyes trained to the ground, "It's already on the news Aaron. In the paper. Being with me means no privacy. No personal time. Every mistake you make, with me, with work, with Jack will be shared. Haileys death. Prentiss's supposed death. Things that slipped by that will no longer be buried. Everything Aaron, you'll be under scrutiny again. And I can get you off, I know people, but I can't-"

"I don't need you to protect me Noella." Aaron's voice was gruff as he loosened his tie. Noah let out a sigh. It wasn't that she didn't think Aaron couldn't take care of himself. She knew he could, but with the case going public after the arrest and the US Marshall's calling her about someone snooping through her files, Noah was on edge, rightfully so.

Aaron watched Noah's face fall at his words, "Honey.." He sighed, his posture easing up, "I'm not going anywhere." He promised. Noah didn't acknowledge Aaron's words and instead pulled her knees into her chest.  She was curled up in the chair like a child but she couldn't help it. She felt exposed and unsafe, even in the FBI headquarters.

"I need to tell you something Aaron." Noah's words were whispery, and she tucked the two curled pieces of hair, that she left out to frame her face, behind her ears. She cared deeply for him and Aaron needed to know what he was risking. Being adopted into the Calvin's already put a lot on the line when it came to WITSEC but this new spotlight, from the case being public record, Noah was the biggest news in DC. She was constantly being followed by the paparazzi and the knowledge that people were digging through her life was enough to stress her out. Adding Aaron on top? That was a slippery slop. And she was standing on the top in six inch platform stiletto's waiting to fall.

Aaron furrowed his brows at Noah's demeanor. He had never seen her so timid. So scared. He opened his mouth to respond when a knock sounded on his office door. He sent Noah an apologetic smile as she lowered her legs back onto the ground and steeled herself up for whatever news was going to come. That was why they were originally in the office. Noah was avoiding a press conference.

"Come in." Aaron answered, putting his tie back into place as he lowered himself into his seat. The door opened slowly and Noah rolled her eyes at the sight of the ginger who stuck his head in the door.