64 | My Everything

Začít od začátku

There, on the floor carpet of the third row, I see muds. I didn't notice it last night because it was dark. Shit. My mind is immediately on alert. Abruptly, I turn the car around, making honks from other cars fill the street.

"Lais, can you help me call the cops and tell them to go to my house? Now!" I command.

She's speechless for a while. "Jake? What's happening?" she stutters, her voice filled with worry. I've told her about Derek, and she must have figured out what's happening now. "Don't tell me--" she chokes.

Shit. Shit. Shit. How could I not realize it before? Now, I'm driving back home like a mad person, praying that they're okay. Lais' voice keeps echoing from my phone speaker, her loud calls turning into cries.

 Lais' voice keeps echoing from my phone speaker, her loud calls turning into cries

I'm already sobbing now, watching as the gun points at Vaughn. "Please, Derek. Don't do this," I beg.

Vaughn's jaw tightens, his eyes piercing Derek. But unfortunately, he isn't the one with the gun now.

"Please," I whisper brokenly, tears streaming even harder down my face. "I'll do anything for you. You--you can do anything you want with me--" I choke, my words cut by sobs. "Just... Don't shoot him," I plea, gripping his arm around my neck. My mind is going crazy from thinking that he can shoot Vaughn anytime.

Derek scoffs. "Really, Mel?" he asks. "Anything?" Now, his voice becomes low and cold, filled with mischief, making me shudder.

I nod. "Yes, anything," I whisper.

"Melanie," Vaughn warns me, his voice deadly, his fists shaking and clenched tight on his sides.

"Then why don't you try to please me while he watches?" As Derek says that sentence, my sobs break again, but I knew that he would say something like that. This psychopath would be more than happy to watch our world crumble, especially Vaughn's, after what he's done to him.

Vaughn's eyes are filled with a mixture of rage and fear, tears brimming them. Derek notices this.

"Interesting." Derek sneers. "It must be hard to watch the girl you love sacrifice herself just to save your life, isn't it, Vaughn?" From the way Derek says every word, anybody can tell that he enjoys this. Fucking enjoys this. "Go down on me, Mel," Derek says in such a cold voice, and my world feels like crumbling down. "Kneel," he commands, and I have no choice but to obey him, my body shaking as I do what he tells me to.

"No!" Vaughn lashes out, but as he's about to storm at us, Derek pulls the trigger. I scream, snapping my head toward Vaughn, only to find that his left shoulder is shot. He drops onto his knees and winces, blood pouring out from the wound.

"No, please!" I cry. "Why would you do that?" I sob, breaking down in front of Derek.

"Come on, Mel. If you don't do what I want quickly, I'll pull the trigger again," Derek hisses, clicking the gun. "Surely, you don't want him to bathe in a pool of blood, do you?"