the brunette curls his lips in, taking the triangle shaped sandwich from namjoon. "thanks, joon," he says with gratitude and takes a bite, humming contentedly.

namjoom turns his attention back to the other football players and suddenly jeongguk is once again lost in his own thoughts. he has absolutely no idea how practice will go if even just the idea of seeing jimin causes goosebumps to rise on his skin, nevermind him still having to get through last block class. not to mention the fact that they'd kind of started sitting with one another in the back.

before he knows it lunch ends and so does second last block. jeongguk meets up with taehyung at their locker and they grab their learning material, entering english. jimin hasn't arrived yet and so the brunette decides to sit with his buddies for once. going incognito in a painfully obvious 'disguise' didn't go so well so he decides to keep it on the down low and hopefully keep away unwanted attention.

the rest of the students begin to pile in and the pretty blond enters last. jeongguk turns away the moment they lock gazes and he mutters beneath his breath, clearly having been caught trying to not be caught. he just can't do it. confrontation and him don't mix well. especially not when jimin happens to be involved.

miss hye begins the lesson. jeongguk despite craving zero unwanted attention still finds himself sending covert glances toward the blond who sits in the back corner of the class by himself. he's dressed a bit differently taking into consideration his sprained ankle yet it does nothing to take away the beauty of his entirety.

his blond hair is slightly disarray on his head. he's wearing a pastel blue jumper and although not garb in a small skirt, he's wearing shorts instead. jeongguk can tell that less effort went into his outfit today yet that doesn't make the boy look any less effortlessly beautiful.

but during his state of enamor, he's caught red handed admiring jimin. jeongguk's eyes turn beady the second the blond's eyes turn into half moons and his stunning lips curl upward. the football player turns away bashfully, face flush red and heart thumping in his chest.

he's not very good at this whole having a crush thing. he's a clear rookie if his lack of grace is any indication.

soon the bell rings and jeongguk makes sure that he's the first to leave. taehyung meets him at their locker and he leans against it, crossing his arms while watching the brunette with mirth as he moves frantically, gathering his football gear.

"you're acting strange again - actually, scratch that. you've been acting strange all week. what's up?" taehyung questions while he waits his turn.

"...nothing's wrong. let's just go to the field and start practice," the brunette presses and stands up - clearly too quickly as he teeters and is stabilized by a concerned taehyung.

"nothing's wrong my ass. you're pale as hell. you can kiss practice goodbye, kook. just sit this one out," taehyung advises.

"...i can't, tae," jeongguk murmurs breathlessly, still reeling from the sudden spike of dizziness. "i need this scholarship. i have to make my mom proud--"

"jeongguk. listen to me," taehyung says curtly, pressing his hands to the brunette's shoulders, making sure that he's paying attention. "missing one day of practice isn't going to effect whether or not you get the scholarship. you're no good on the field if you can't stand."

jeongguk sighs quietly, looking down at his feet. he knows that taehyung is right but that doesn't mean it's any easier to accept. his mother works her ass off paying for his passion meanwhile she neglects her own necessities - as long as her son is happy, she's happy. that's what she constantly tells him. he'd hate for her money to go to waste and missing one football practice his a greater impact than one may think.