Chapter 6: First Meeting

On Thursday, Sam and her parents landed at Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam. Magda always helped to hold her hand, especially when they got out of the plane.

They used the train to get to Zandvoort as it only took half an hour. Stefan had also reserved a double room at Hotel Paradis, which was very close to Zandvoort circuit.

"Sam, this is Hotel Paradis. This hotel is only 5 minutes away from the circuit," Stefan told Sam while Magda was helping her to sit on the bed.

"Papa, I don't know how much money you've spent. This is too much for me."

Stefan who was still standing put both of his hands on her shoulders. "Sam, as I said when we were still at home, please don't think about it. Your Mama and I want you to be happy and relaxed, even though it probably won't make you completely forget on what happened to you."

"We want you to enjoy this weekend," Magda added.

"Papa, Mama, you both know that watching F1 is a dream that I thought I could never afford. But now, I'm here, very close to Zandvoort circuit that we are going to visit tomorrow. I still can't believe it!"

Stefan and Magda smiled. The cheerful Samantha was slowly but surely back. "I bet you can't wait to go there, Sam."

Sam chuckled. "Yes, Papa. I'm so ready to cheer for Sebastian!"

"We know, Sam," Magda replied. "Your suitcase is full of Seb-related t-shirts."

"Mama, don't exaggerate! I only have two t-shirts," Sam laughed.

Sam was so thankful that her parents knew how to make her laugh and happy. She agreed with what Stefan said back when he gave her the F1 tickets. She should rise up. She couldn't be sad like that forever.

---

Seb rode his bicycle that he bought in Melbourne. The bicycle was dominated with yellow and white colour which was inspired by Walter Röhrl's Audi Quattro rally car. The man himself was a German rally legend and Seb idolized him.

Stefan took his Ferrari World Champions 2004 cap off and he also brought a marker from his pocket as he was ready to ask for an autograph from Seb.

"Seb has arrived," Stefan whispered to Sam. "He rides a bicycle."

"Ah yeah?" Sam smiled. "Good luck, Papa!"

Seb leaned his bicycle against the guardrail between the fans and the drivers who had just arrived at the circuit and he started signing some stuffs.

Some minutes later, Sam could smell citrus scented perfume which was very fragrant. She could feel that someone was standing in front of her.

"Sebastian, please sign my cap!" Stefan asked him.

"Of course." Seb took the cap and marker from him. But before he signed, he asked, "What's your name?"

"My name is Stefan." After Seb heard his name, he started writing on his cap. But Stefan prevented him. "Sorry Seb, can you please write my daughter's name instead of mine?"

"Sure." Seb looked at a woman whom he believed was the man's daughter. "What's your name?"

"Samantha," she replied before she smiled.

Seb couldn't stop staring at Sam. She was such a beautiful figure to him. She had blonde hair, was a bit shorter than him, and not too skinny.

And other thing that had caught his attention was that she was wearing a white t-shirt with his personal logo in the middle.

He would love to see her eyes. He wondered how her eyes were like, what eye colour she had, but it seemed like she wouldn't take her sunglasses off anytime soon.