Twenty Eight- The Breakfast Incident

(We're just gonna pretend they fell asleep on a Friday night and it's now Saturday morning. Cause I can't even keep up with the days of the week irl)

==========

Bakugo woke up first, his hand still being held by Todoroki's. Though he wanted to pull his hand away, the feeling of holding Todoroki's hand made him feel safe. He's protected him this long, so why would he do anything to hurt Bakugo now? Bakugo laid still in his bed, keeping his eyes closed and taking steady breaths, wanting to fall back asleep.

They had no real responsibilities during the weekend, so what harm could come from sleeping in a bit?

Just as Bakugo was about to fall asleep, he felt Todoroki pull his hand away. At the feeling, Bakugo opened his eyes and looked towards Todoroki. Todoroki was sitting there hunched over in the chair, slowly sitting himself up and holding his back. Bakugo sat up from the bed and hopped off, making Todoroki stand up.

"Bakugo, what are you doing?" Todoroki asked as he felt Bakugo pushing him.

Bakugo pushed Todoroki onto his bed then moved the chair Todoroki was previously sleeping on back to the desk. He sat down in the chair for a second before he stood up again and searched for his phone. Todoroki sat on the bed confused, not knowing why he was shoved onto the bed.

"Your back hurts doesn't it? There's no way you could've possibly been comfortable. Just lay there for a while. I'll find something to do" Bakugo said as he found his phone and checked the percentage.

It was at around 62%, so he could go a while before plugging it back in. Before Todoroki got a chance to speak, Bakugo grabbed one of Todoroki's shoulders and pushed him down on the bed.

"Just lay down idiot. You don't have to sleep or anything. Just give your back a fucking break" Bakugo said before pausing for a second. "But only if you want, I can't really tell you what to do."

Todoroki smiled slightly and laid himself down and slowly moved around to get comfortable, flinching when he felt a pain throughout his body. Once he was comfortable he noticed that Bakugo was watching him, but looked away a few seconds later.

Bakugo shoved his phone in his back pocket then walked out of his room, leaving Todoroki alone. He sat there in the silence not sure if he should fall asleep or not. Eventually he did, and he wasn't sure how long it would be until he woke up.

Bakugo on the other hand was going down to the kitchen to make food for everyone. He felt he had to do something, he was being useless if he just sat around all day. When he got to the commons the only other people there was Deku and Sero, who were watching some kind of show on the tv.

Bakugo ignored them, if he stopped and talked to them he wouldn't be helpful. So he went into the kitchen to make some pancakes and bacon. He got out what he needed and started to make breakfast.

As the smell of bacon filled the dormitory, everyone started to make their way down to follow the delicious smell. Once everything was made, Bakugo grabbed some plates and started getting everyone's plates together.

He handed out the plates, nodding his head nervously when he was thanked. He turned and grabbed Sero's plate, handing it over to him carelessly. Sero hadn't been holding the plate yet and Bakugo let go, causing the plate to fall on the ground and shatter, both glass and food going everywhere.

Bakugo was scared for some reason, his mind brought him back to when he broke the plate in the sink before and Kirishima later hit him. Bakugo kept his eyes to the ground and tensed up, either waiting to be hit or told to pick it up. Before getting the first option, Bakugo knelt down and started collecting the glass in his hand.

"Whoa whoa Bakugo! You're gonna cut yourself!" Sero shouted as he knelt down and held Bakugo's wrists. Bakugo stopped picking up the glass, but looked at the glass he had already collected.

"It's alright, I'm almost done. I'll get you a new plate when I'm done. I shouldn't have messed up" Bakugo said as he tried to fight his free hand out of Sero's hold, which didn't work.

"I can help you clean it up, I wasn't holding it either," Sero said as he stood back up, letting go of Bakugo's wrists. "Hey, can the rest of you guys get your own food? Thanks." Sero said, not waiting for an answer as he went to get a broom.

Once he was back he put the dustpan on the ground and leaned the broom against the counters.

"Bakugo! What did I just say?! Don't pick it up with your hands! You'll get cut!" Sero shouted loudly, causing Bakugo to flinch back and drop all the glass, though some were stuck in his hand, but Bakugo paid no mind as he looked to the side.

"I-I'm sorry. I just, I just wanted to help. I'm really sorry, it won't happen again. Please, it won't happen again" Bakugo practically whimpered out as he kept his head down and turned it to the side.

He was waiting to get hit or his hair to be pulled. He was tensed up, waiting for any kind of contact to happen. Bakugo was squatting there for about a minute, waiting for some kind of contact. He flinched hard when he felt a hand rubbing his back, he slowly and shakily opened his eyes and turned towards the direction of the hand.

"Bakugo, I'm so so sorry. I had no reason to yell at you. I just didn't want you to get hurt is all. I'll clean this up and get you some food, okay?" Sero asked, guilt visibly evident on his face.

Bakugo relaxed a bit and nodded his head, standing up, then Sero helped him get the glass out of his hand and wrap it. Once that was done he walked on shaky legs to the table.

By the time he was sitting down, almost everyone was staring at him, and he started to shrink under their gazes. Bakugo put his forehead to the table and covered his head with his arms, keeping his elbows on the table and interlocking his fingers on top of his head. He closed his eyes and tried to keep his breathing steady, knowing nothing was about to happen.

Sero wouldn't hit him, no one here would. But he can't help but feel like he's always gonna be hit for something so small. Bakugo felt his shoulders start to tremble and he was fighting everything in him to not cry.

He's cried too much in the past couple weeks. He's been getting weak, he shouldn't be showing his emotions, he's supposed to be strong. He's not the type to cry, he shouldn't let things like this get to him. He's not trying to show his weak side, yet for some reason it keeps happening. He needs to make it stop, he needs to put his walls back up.

So that's what he was gonna do.

"Bakugo? Are you alright?" Bakugo heard someone ask out of nowhere. He lifted his head up and saw Todoroki looking at him with a confused look, holding two plates of food in his hands.

Bakugo nodded and sat up, keeping his eyes on the spot in front of him, then being focused on the plate of food that was put in front of him. He stared at it for a second then looked up at Todoroki, who was already eating his food.

"I uh, I'm not fuckin hungry. I'll eat whenever I am. Let me know when you extras are done, I can do the shitty dishes" Bakugo said as he pushed his seat back and stood up, walking to the couches while staring at his feet.

======

Uh yeah. I got nothing to say.

WAIT I GOT SOMETHING TO SAY NOW. So there's only gonna be at most about ten more chapters to this. Hopefully. Then I'll work on the car crash one and get that one done. Then I got a good old angst book and a gory book. Soooo 👀

Word count: 1,324

~Bebe17