Twenty Six- Lunch

During the break time before lunch, Bakugo was waiting for Kirishima to come up to him and yank his head back by his hair, but that never happened. Instead, he felt fingers comb up through his hair. He straightened up, still expecting a hair tug at the end. When the fingers left his hair and nothing else happened, Bakugo released a breath he didn't know he was holding.

He looked over his shoulder to see Todoroki and he rest of his squad standing next to him. He nodded his head as his recognition to them and stood up, slinging his bag over his shoulder. As Bakugo was heading towards the door, everyone who was at his desk followed behind. Except Todoroki, he caught up with Bakugo and was walking next to him.

"How're you doing so far?" Todoroki asked calmly as the two walked towards the cafeteria. Bakugo shrugged and stuffed his hands in his pockets, not knowing what else to do with them.

"Doin fine I guess. I was expecting some things that never happened, so there's that" Bakugo said quietly so no one from other classes could hear their conversation.

Todoroki nodded as they walked into the cafeteria. Todoroki was about to leave Bakugo with his squad so he could sit in his normal area, but he was stopped by Bakugo grabbing his forearm.

"Could you sit with us? If you want, you don't have to. Ya know what, never mind. Forget I asked" Bakugo said dejectedly as he let go of Todoroki's arm and sat down in one of the open seats.

Todoroki huffed out as a smile appeared on his face. He looked over to his group and saw that a couple of them were looking at him. They nodded to him and Todoroki nodded back as his thanks. Todoroki slid into the seat next to Bakugo, placing his bag between their chairs. Bakugo looked up from the table and glanced at Todoroki, waiting for him to say something.

"It fine for you to ask that Bakugo. I'll sit with you whenever you want. Want me to get you some food?" Todoroki asked as he leaned down a bit to see Bakugo's eyes.

Bakugo shrugged and leaned down, resting his head on his folded arms. Todoroki nudged Bakugo's shoulder, gesturing for Bakugo to follow him. Once Bakugo was standing, Todoroki grabbed his hand and led them over to the lunch line. While they were waiting, Bakugo was rocking on his feet as he was trying not to focus on their hands.

"Um Todoroki? Could you please let go of my hand?" Bakugo asked, kind of scared of his response. Todoroki looked at their hands that were still interlocked, then looked up at Bakugo and let go when he saw how scared Bakugo looked.

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. You don't have to do anything you don't want. My apologies" Todoroki said sincerely as he watched Bakugo calm down.

He nodded at Todoroki and they got their lunch, then walked back to their seats. Minutes later the rest of the squad arrived and they started talking. Todoroki started talking to them all, noticing how Bakugo wasn't participating.

"I'm gonna go" Bakugo said as he abruptly stood up from his seat. He grabbed his lunch tray and threw it out, coming back for his bag.

"Oh, okay. Are you going to the rest of your classes or do you want me to tell the teachers you aren't feeling well?" Todoroki asked as he followed the blonde's movements, waiting for a response.

"Tell them I'm sick" Bakugo said quickly as he put his bag on and banished into the crowd of people still in the cafeteria.

Once he was gone the squad went back to talking, but it was clear to them that both Sero and Todoroki were concerned about him. They refocused and kept talking, every so often glancing at the cafeteria doors.

"I have a bad feeling. I don't know why I just do" Todoroki said out of nowhere.

"I do too. But we have to trust him. I'm sure is being around him all the time isn't good for him. We'll be able to see him after classes" Sero responded with.

Todoroki slowly nodded and turned back to his food, finishing it then throwing out his tray and going back to continue talking.

Bakugo trudged out of the building, not sure what he wanted to do. He wandered around the campus for a while, letting his mind wander. Before he knew it he was at the doors of the dorms. He leaned his head back and sighed, pushing the doors open and walking in, closing them behind him.

Before Bakugo got a chance to even turn around to face the commons, he heard a woman's voice and heels walking towards him

======

It's short but next one will be longer. Hopefully the end of the angst. You'll never know
👁👄👁👄👁👄👁👄👁👄👁👄👁👍

All I have to say for next chapter is: Teehee 🙂

Word count: 810

~Bebe17