-4-

A/n: So, there was a whole adventure with just Omega's head. I personally thought it was...boring...so we're just going to pretend that it didn't happen and Omega's back. 

Also...is Starline a duck or a platypus?

So Omega was back and so was Sonic. Rouge returned to the hotel with the former Badnik in tow, fresh off with repairs from Tails after depleting himself entirely. She filled him in on the events of the party before instantly going to sleep. Shadow found a jewel that didn't seem to belong to her after and hid it somewhere to return it to Jewel later. 

He spent the night thinking. He'd seen (Y/n). Heard her. He knew he had. And she'd run away from him. Starline definitely had gotten ahold of her first, which was frustrating to him. Had he been less careless with the virus, he could have kept an eye on her and made sure the wretched platypus hadn't taken her. 

Some Ultimate Lifeform you are

The next morning, he went downstairs before Rouge was finished getting ready, meeting up with Omega outside. It was good to have a team again, and Shadow hoped this would up his chances of finding (Y/n) again. 

"De ja vu." 

"Excuse me?" 

"I am pulling up a file from my catalogue. You standing almost exactly like this before (Y/n) the (A/t) went on her first and apparently last mission." 

"It wasn't her last mission." 

"In this year, it was." 

"How'd you know about that?" 

"Rouge filled me in." 

"Of course she did." Shadow looked over as Rouge sauntered out of the hotel, a smirk pulling on her lips. 

"Ready go, boys? Been a while since we've had everyone together, you galavanting off in the past and Omega getting a little carried away," she said. "Omega's finally up to date on current events - or past events - so he can jump right back in. Where to first, lover boy?" 

Shadow wished looks could kill as he glared at Rouge, thoroughly done with her time puns and nicknames. 

"I think we should go back to CE," he said, turning away from his teammates. "There was something about that place that seemed...foreboding." 

"Like you?" 

"Rouge." 

"Sorry. Can't help it. Come on, Omega. You've got GPS and I didn't bother memorizing the directions." 

~

Of course, Rouge had memorized the directions, and ended up taking point leading the boys back to CE. The attendant had been replaced, a new one taking their place. This one looked slightly meaner than the last one, which didn't comfort Shadow whatsoever. 

"They're upping their defenses," he whispered to Rouge. 

"Seriously? They have shifts, Shadow. You're just being paranoid. And that one doesn't look nearly as mean as you. If you want to judge someone by looks, judge yourself." She paused. "The saying 'don't judge a book by its cover' doesn't apply to you. You look just as mean as you are." He rolled his eyes, veering away from the attendant and slinking down the back aisles. Omega followed him, a couple of rich looking guests eyeing the former Badnik nervously. He stared them down just as unceremoniously. 

"What are we looking for?" Rouge asked, slipping past Omega and falling into step beside Shadow. "You're not even looking at the products." 

"No, I am. This isn't the aisle." He turned down another, this one displaying a series of guns in glass cases. Omega gave one a rough 'experimental' tap with his servo. Shadow glanced down at it, then did a double take. He rushed over and pressed his hands up against it, his mind instantly going back to his time in the past. Looking up briefly then back down to the Mobian who'd turned the gun on him.