Korra Alone Part 1

The wind picked up rather harshly as the ship docked in Harbor City. Senna draped another fur coat in Korra's shoulders as her body visibly shivered from the cold. Easily, she could've made herself warmer through firebending by regulating her body temperature. Or she could've also handled the climate as she was born and raised here anyway, but Korra's body wouldn't cooperate.

She is weak.

Korra wanted to have a firm grip on the armrest of her wheelchair but of course, she couldn't even do it. She shut her eyes close, tight enough for the pressure to hurt, long enough for her head to throb. She wanted to keep it that way if not for Senna's hand caressing her cheek.

Korra opened her eyes to see another set of blue similar to hers, only lighter like the water in the ocean that meets the shore, looking back with genuine concern. Senna pursed her lips and Korra hated how she knew what she was going to ask.

Are you okay?

She almost wanted to laugh every time she gets asked that question. Korra tried to suppress the urge to reply to a sarcastic remark but she has a feeling it wouldn't be as funny as it is in her head. Only one person understood, though. Somehow the blue hairclip that was somewhat out of place in her wolf-tiled hairdo felt heavier by the minute. Korra doesn't think it is out of place, though, because it was Asami that gave it to her.

"Korra?"

"Hm?"

"I said are you ready to go?" Senna asked, looking at her daughter with the same expression. It might not even change for a long time.

"Oh. Yeah, I guess."

Korra mentally berated herself how she automatically assumed something from the woman who has raised her with all the love and affection she could muster. Of course, her mother would understand and know what to ask and how to word every sentence around her.

After a laborious time putting Korra in the snowmobile and again down on the snowy platform, they arrived at the palace. Tonraq thought of renovating the platforms, making it easier for her to go up and down the stairs. Otherwise, the chief himself or the white lotus guards will l have to carry her in the meantime. Korra hated it, loathed it, but she didn't have a choice. And so, she shrugged and gave her dad a passive nod before he left for a meeting.

"Honey, Kya told me that Katara would be ready for you today. Or if you want to rest for now, that's fine too," Senna began as she put Korra's clothes in the drawer.

"I think I'll rest for now," Her reply was meek, unobtrusive, her head started to hurt again, "can you please leave?" Korra flinched at her choice of words, but Senna didn't seem to mind as she finished unpacking all of Korra's belongings. She looked over her daughter, who was sitting upright in bed and gave a small smile.

"Of course," Senna was in front of the door when Korra called her.

"Mom?"

She looked back, "What is it, honey?"

Korra hesitated for a moment, but she cleared her throat unnecessarily and said, "Thank you," For everything.

Senna looked like she was about to cry right then but she managed to hide it and smiled even wider, "I'm here for you always. Now go get some rest." She closed the door behind her and Korra found herself more miserable than she was in Air Temple Island.

Stupid, she thought.

Her hand mindlessly wandered in her hair where the blue hairclip was. As if it was an 'on switch' to her memory, Korra's thought went back to the room where she and Asami almost... kissed? It was all blurry in her perspective, but Korra leaned in, and Asami did as well, she thought.