05. We're Still Us

FIVE WE'RE STILL USCW: Minor sexual content

FIVE WE'RE STILL US
CW: Minor sexual content

◥✥◤

The rest of the day passed without anything interesting happening, which Fawn was fairly grateful for. The incident with Nate at lunch had shaken her more than she was going to admit. It wasn't that the boy himself had gotten to her -- she wasn't scared of Nate Jacobs. She was scared of who he represented and the people he knew. If she told her therapist, she would probably say that Nate Jacobs was a "vessel for her trauma" or some psych bullshit like that.

"Look at this," Sylvia interrupted her train of thought. Fawn had been staring into her vanity, her eyes red as she finished scrubbing off her makeup. She rubbed her face once more, feeling the slippery texture from her makeup remover. She sighed as she got up and laid down on the bed next to Sylvia. The blonde turned her phone to face Fawn where a red-lit sex tape was playing.

"Oh my God!" Fawn exclaimed as she realized she knew exactly who that was, "That's got to be Kat Hernandez! Same bob and everything."

Sylvia scoffed, "Same whiny ass voice."

"Don't be rude!" the tan girl smacked her friend gently, chastising her with a shake of the head, "I'll admit, though, that's a little surprising for her. She didn't seem like the type."

"Are we the type?" the other girl asked with a quirk of her eyebrow, the corners of her lips turning up.

Fawn laughed at this as she nodded, "Oh, we've got to be on the Hub somewhere. There's literally no way we aren't. What do you think the title of our sex tape would be?"

"I couldn't tell you." She leaned back on the bed with a sigh, wrapping her arm around Fawn's waist and pulling her close, "Hey, so, I have a question and you have to promise not to be mad at me pretty please?"

Their faces were inches apart as they faced each other on the pillows. Fawn nodded. "All the stuff with Nate and Maddy... you don't like, have feelings for Maddy, do you? I mean, like, all the rumors and stuff that was just for fun, right? Not because you were actually jealous."

Fawn's eyebrows furrowed as she considered this question. The word "feelings" was very rarely ever in her or Sylvia's vocabulary, so this felt like it had come out of nowhere. Her expression shifted into one of humor as she decided to try and beat around the bush, "Why? Would you be jealous if I had feelings for Maddy or something? C'mon, I know I'm irresistible, but if you're in love with me, I'd rather you just tell me."

Sylvia scoffed as she turned away from Fawn, releasing her. She didn't know how, but Fawn knew she had struck a chord. Her voice softened as she sighed, "Hey, hey, I didn't mean that, I just --"

She didn't get to finish her sentence because Sylvia turned back around and kissed her. They had kissed dozens of times, but there was something different about this one. It wasn't lazy or casual as their affairs often were, this was heated, it was passionate. Fawn kissed her back with a fervor she didn't know she had, grabbing the girl's face as she pushed herself up to straddle her. They had done this before, there's nothing different here, Fawn struggled to remind herself as the blonde's mouth left hers only to reconvene on her neck as Fawn moaned. This was Sylvia. They were friends. So why did it feel different? Sylvia's hands left her face as one hand trailed around the small of her back, the other gripping her tan thigh so tightly she wouldn't be surprised if she left a bruise. It would be a good bruise, though, the best kind.