Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

He opened his mouth to speak but he got lost of words. He knew that there was nothing he could say to justify his deeds. He had not intended to say what he said but he felt frustrated that she was putting all the blames on him and that he was going to lose her for good. The pain, anger and hatred he saw in her eyes made him realize what he had really done but it was too late to make things right. Emily had turned to leave but he was unable to speak much more run after her. The reality of losing her for good sank in like a bullet which only made him weak.

****Emily's POV.****

Me turning my back to leave meant I was done with him and this town that had only brought me pain and anguish. The betrayal and hurt I was feeling right now couldn't be compared to that which Martin nor my parent caused. It was like I had contributed in all these which made me feel more awful. How could I be so blind?. I now get it that I am not meant to be loved but if that's the case why can't I be allowed to live my life in peace?. I didn't know where I was going but I had to leave this place immediately. The airline company called me this morning to inform me about the solved issues concerning the airplanes but I'm not sure I want to even go to New York. How am I going to face Edna and much more tell her that I allowed myself to be fooled again? No she will think I am dumb not to have learnt my lesson from Martin. But if I don't go, how am I going to fend for this baby?.

Damn! I even forgot I am pregnant. I held my tummy feeling like it's the only thing that I have got.

"Hi lady be careful there is a car coming!" An older man called out bringing me out of thought. I had not realized I have come this far. I looked around but I was nowhere near the church. This part of town seemed busy as the cars spade off with great speed. It was hard hailing a taxi due to the speed they all came by. A passenger had alighted from one right where I stood ,that was how I was able to get it.

"Where to ma'am?"

"Please take me to the Jones sisters Motel."

I could hear someone calling me from afar before I saw Shawn running towards me

"Driver please lets go!"

"Emily! Emily! I am sorry, I was stupid please forgive me. Emily! Emily! Please Emily! Please don't leave please. I love you!"

He ran after the moving car trying to make me listen to him but I had made up my mind. I know he has not regretted what he did and he would do it again if given the chance. Even if he has regretted it, I have made up my mind that I am done with him, This town and the entire male race

"Emily, I know I have done you a lot of wrongs but please please please forgive me. I have been selfish and a jerk!"

He begged raising his voice higher thinking I couldn't hear him. Even though the car was moving faster than him, he didn't give up yet his voice faded as the distance between us grew. I watched him grow tired and finally stopped following us. I wouldn't say I was not heart broken looking at the situation he was in because I was. I had fallen in love with him right from the beginning but I never liked to admit it or say it out loud. Seeing him like this broke me a thousand times and knowing that I have to continue my life without him brought unbearable pain. I was filled with mixed feelings: One moment I didn't want anything to do with him and the next I want him close. I blamed that on the pregnancy hormones since I didn't want to admit that I actually needed him. I can't look beyond what he has done. He has broken my already broken self into a million unfixable pieces.

***Third Person POV.***

"Lady's and gentlemen, it's now time to look at some videos and funny pictures of our new wedded couple. After, we will have speeches from the bride's best friends as well as the groom's. Keep you fingers crossed and enjoy this funny clips of the couple." The crowd applauded as the videos started playing on the giant screen.

The first was a video of Aaliyah and Mike trying to bake which ended in both of them dressed in the flour and eggs which was due to food fights.

The second was of Mike sleeping with his mouth open holding a barney doll. Everyone erupted with laughter finding it funny as to why a grown ass man still sleeps with a doll much more barney.

"I don't care about that. All I care about is my feeling. This priesthood doesn't matter."

He snapped his head up looking on the giant screen not believing this was really happening. He was tired as hell after running all those distance just to speak with Emily. The hall went noisy with whispers as all eyes fell on him.

"You are so selfish. I can't believe I imagined a life with you. Do you know how I am feeling right now? All you care about is your damn feelings. You literally made me have sex with you: a priest!"

"So what? It wasn't like you didn't want it too. For all I could remember you enjoyed it as much as I did so quit behaving like a saint because I know you are not. Why are you even pointing my sin out when you are the slut that slept with a married man.

Then came the slap which everyone thought he deserved for speaking with a lady in that manner.

"Yes I slept with a married man but that doesn't make me a slut because I didn't know he was married. At least sleeping with him was a better option than sleeping with you. You are despicable. I hope your sin catch up with you."