seven

"Laurel," Richard walked and reached to her.

"Hi, Richard," she replied without even taking a look at him, just recognizing his voice.

Laurel took little slow steps to get out of the Starbucks that is on the same street as the Maracay, holding a thermos with tea on her hands. It is the first time she ever goes to a Starbucks, milestone.

"Are you alright?" he asked, frowning.

"Kind of," she forced smiled and looked at him finally, "Gemma signed us up to a stupid pole dance class yesterday and now my body is sore and bruised."

"I would think you are used to dancing," Richard said.

"Believe me, pole dancing is way harder than performing. Now I admire pole dancers more than I did before," she stretched her back and took a couple more of little steps. "Let's get going."

Richard nodded and walked next to her, as slow as she was walking. He offered to carry her backpack and Laurel didn't hesitate on let him do it, despite being just a few blocks from the theatre.

"Don't you find it weird that we are literally co-stars and we barely know each other?" he asked. "I mean, you are Tony and I am Maria..."

"You are Tony, I am Maria," Laurel giggled. Richard laughed, realizing the stupidity he said. "Your eyes wrinkle when you smile, how cute is that," Laurel cried out with a sappy tone and laughed, feeling pain on her abdomen. "But yes, it is weird, I am going to kiss you eight shows a week and I don't even know your favorite color."

"Yellow," he hurried to say. Laurel chuckled. "Yours?"

"Red," she replied and took a sip of her tea, "my God, this is too hot and disgusting, remind me to never buy anything in a Starbucks again," she grimaced. Richard laughed, thinking that Laurel is so fussy and exigent. Everyone likes Starbucks. "This is embarrassing, Richard, we barely talk to each other and the first time we have an actual conversation I burn my tongue with hot tea and walk like a penguin."

The two of them continued the way to the theatre, walking as fast as Laurel's legs let her and getting to know each other, even doing jokes. Laurel felt so comfortable with him.

Truly they have never talked as fluid as today, and they realized that yesterday, when they had to pose together for Vogue as a couple and everything got awkward.

"I really talk more to Gemma than you," Richard said.

"I know," Laurel nodded, "but you just always arrive too early, and I'm always late."

"Because you live nearby, and you over-trust" he teased. She nodded again, growing a smirk on her lips.

They finally got to the door of the theatre and it felt like glory to Laurel, although she knows that the rehearsal is going to put her through hell as soon as it begins.

Richard opened the door for Laurel, and she sighed relieved, entering to the theatre ahead of him. Inside the theatre, Michael was already there and got confused to see Laurel walking alongside Richard, because the whole cast know that they are not so close friends, even though they are the main stars of the show.

"What do you say if we have lunch together to bound a little?" Richard suggested.

"Of course," Laurel replied and nodded, since no other part of her body can move, "as friends, right?"

"I never had other intentions, I have a girlfriend," Richard smiled.

Laurel felt even more dumb, "my bad, I continue making this embarrassing."

●●●

"My name is after Reed Richards," Richard laughed.

Without wanting to walk so long, Laurel and Richard decided to take a seat at the same Starbucks to which Laurel promised never to return. Yikes.

"Mine is after my grandmother. Or it was supposed to be after her. She is named Laura," Laurel chuckled and rolled her eyes.

Who can be stupid enough to misregister a name?

Ludicrous.

"First day you said you are from Miami, right?" he asked. Laurel nodded. "I am from Miami, too."

"I'll be damned," Laurel muttered, "really?"

"Yes," he nodded, "but, I assume you are from Miami Beach and all of that rich places."

Laurel raised an eyebrow. "Assumptions are usually wrong," she chuckled. "But yes, I am from Miami Beach. I was born in Fort Lauderdale, actually. How about you?"

"Sweetwater."

"I don't understand how come we never met in Miami," she said, a little bit surprised. "Which school did you go to?"

"Boca Raton Community High School," he replied. "And you?"

"That is in Palm Beach," she frowned. He just nodded, so she just stopped doing questions. "I attended Miami Country Day School. Private school. Emily Estefan was in my school."

Richard bulged his eyes. "Gloria and Emilio Estefan's daughter?"

"Yes," Laurel cheerfully replied. "We never got to meet the Estefans, though," she pouted.

"My mum is a great fan. Me too, actually," he admitted.

"My parents too," Laurel nodded. "And me, I love her. We have eaten at Estefan Kitchen several times."

Ah yes, Gloria Estefan. A famous Cuban American singer, songwriter, actress and businesswoman. She has won three Grammy Awards and received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Las Vegas Walk of Fame. In 2015, she received the Presidential Medal of Freedom for her contributions to American music and received the Kennedy Center Honors in December 2017 for her contributions to American Culture Life. She is married to Emilio Estefan, a Cuban American singer and producer, who has won 19 Grammy Awards. Both great advocates of Latin American communities in the USA, always encouraging them to follow their dreams.

So, yes, Gloria and Emilio Estefan are a big deal, and they will be disrupting in Laurel's life. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈

Hey everyone! More about Laurel! 

Thanks for 330 reads! This is making me so happy. 

Love, D.