ten

Rafael turned on the TV to watch the Brazilian Grand Prix. He is the only one in the family who actually likes Formula One, and never misses any race.

He sat on the couch, watching the pre-race ceremony, and waited for the interesting part to begin. A few seconds later, he heard a knock on his door and got up, walking to the door and opening it, hoping it was his room service, but got surprised when he saw Laurel standing there, wearing a green floral jumpsuit and her favorite Gucci sneakers, holding a gigantic plate with French fries on her hands.

"What are you doing here?" Rafael asked, confused. "Is that my room service?"

"Yes, it is," Laurel answered and entered the room, "I came here to watch the Brazilian Grand Prix together."

Laurel walked directly to the coffee table in Rafael's living room, with him following behind, and put the plate on it. She dropped her small black leather backpack on the couch and finally sat up.

"Since when you like Formula One?" he frowned and took a seat next to her sister.

"Since..." she tried to make up something and scratched her head, not being able to say anything concrete to her brother, because everything just resumes to one simple reason: George. "Never mind, I just want to have some quality time with you."

"I think I found your reason," Rafael teased as the image on the TV showed George chatting with his friends Alex, Charles and Lando. Laurel took a look at the screen and became a little bit nervous, feeling a small tickle on her stomach.

"Okay, yes," Laurel admitted. There's no point in hiding it if Rafael already noticed it. "But I don't really understand Formula One. I want you to explain it to me. You know I like learning things, and I am good at learning."

He chuckled. "You must like that guy if you flew all the way from New York just for me to explain you about Formula One," he wiggled his eyebrows.

"I don't know," she replied and shook her head.

Rafael frowned. "What do you mean you don't know? You are a know-it-all," he put his hand on his sister's head and ruffled her hair.

Laurel scratched her head nervously. "What if I'm just imagining things? I mean, we have been talking..." Rafael raised his eyebrows. Laurel snorted. "It has felt good okay? We talk about claptrap and it is like...I feel comfortable talking claptrap with him," she looked down. "I even get excited when he texts me."

Rafael looked at her and smiled. Laurel has never been very good at understanding emotions, not even her own. Sometimes she is tactless, she just blurts things out.

They forgot about it, and started to talk about Laurel's rehearsals, Rafael's businesses and stuff, that when they noticed, the race was already started.

"Crap, we missed the start of the race," he said, rolling his eyes.

Rafael and Laurel looked up at the TV, and the Brazilian Grand Prix was already on lap number 20, so they decided to shut up and watch the race.

Laurel felt quite bored while Rafael followed each of the laps and from time to time explained to his younger sister something that he considered important to know. Inside her head, Laurel's most constant thought is that is pointless going around a circuit for 71 times, and also, risk your life for it.

"How dumb they have to be to crash against each other if they are on the same team?" Laurel yelled at the tv on lap 66, disastrous for Ferrari, "yeah, pal, MEIN GOTT, I couldn't have said it better, it's ridiculous," she answered to the tv after Sebastian Vettel's radio message was played.

"It's actually hilarious," Rafael giggled.

"It's not, they could've harm themselves," Laurel said, "what is the point?"

"You know what?" Rafael lost his patience, "you should ask George about that, he is the one racing, not me, I just enjoy the passion for sport."

"I don't want to question his decisions or the things that make him happy, I'll just have to go with it. And he seems to know what he's doing."

"There you have your answer," Rafael said and pointed at her, "he enjoys it, and he knows what he's doing."

She glanced at his brother and bit back a giggle, knowing full well that she has already make him mad.

"What does safety car mean?" she asked.

"It means that the drivers have to slow down because there has been an accident." Rafael explained and Laurel nodded.

They shut up again and continued watching the race with the safety car until it started again, in the last lap.

"Alex Albon is going in second place!," Laurel yelled, excited, watching the screen, until he was hit by Lewis Hamilton, "oh, god, I spoke too soon, what a sore loser," she pointed at the TV, slightly annoyed while watching George's best friend losing positions.

"Lewis Hamilton is a world champion; you can't call him sore loser," Rafael chuckled.

"I just did," Laurel replied, frowning, glancing at her brother. 

◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈

Hey everyone! New chapter. And this guy is older brother Rafael Blanhir, portrayed by Mexican actor Jose Pablo Minor!

 And this guy is older brother Rafael Blanhir, portrayed by Mexican actor Jose Pablo Minor!