Flufftober Day 1

Day 1 prompt: Coffee Shop AU (uhh dunno, coffee shop date now ig)

The crisp October breeze whistled through the streets of London, causing most people to try to make it into a building or into a carriage just to keep their body temperatures up. You, however, stood with your arms over the railing on the edge of the Thames, enjoying the way the breeze blew through the trees on either side, and the way the gold and orange leaves freed themselves from their branches and fell, coating the cobble streets and paths with the warm colours of fall.

One gust of the cold air had caught you off guard, your arms quickly wrapping themselves back around your body to close your coat, a final attempt to keep your body warm. Moments later, a second gust ripped through the city, taking your scarf with it. Quickly reaching for it, but doing so cause your coat to fly back open and chill you to the bone. Already giving up on catching your scarf, you wrap your arms around yourself again in a failing attempt to keep yourself warm.

It was at the last moment possible for your scarf to be saved, when the giant gentleman known as Jonathan Joestar caught it. Everyone in town knows who the Joestars are; that one rich family who live outside the city limits. And of course everyone knows who Jonathan is, the gentle, six foot five giant who's father was the who adopted that bastard's son, Dio, but that was nearly seven years ago.

Despite what everyone had always said about that family, you always knew deep down that the decision Mr. Joestar made all those years ago was the best possible choice he could've made to keep the young blond safe. But even so, if you had to have you pick between the young men, your heart would choose Jonathan everytime.

Maybe it was the way his big and beautiful blue eyes sparkled with happiness and compassion compared to the malace and hate embedded deep with the blond's soul, shining though everything else; that being the only thing possible to be seen within his eyes. Except when he would rarely show his kinder side, despite you never have seing it yourself, you knew that it had to be there, cowarding behind everything else that is.

With Jonathan, everything about him had seemed to be perfect, he was a gentleman after all. Snatcing the scarf out of the sky, he walks over to where you're stood and hands you back the article of protection against the wind. "Good morning, (y/n). Don't you think it's a bit cold to be outside like this?" Jonathan's sweet voice cut through the sounds of the wind, even as it whipped between the spaces of the buildings.

Caught a little off gaurd, you stutter out a good morning. "But what about you Jonathan? If it's too cold for me then wouldn't that make it too cold for you as well?" Jonathan's lips upturned in a sweet and bright smile, one that surely would've made the young lad who can usually be found hanging around the literal angel stood in front of you. "Can I interest you in a cup of tea? I know a magnifient establishment just a small jaunt from here."

Smiling, you accept Jonathan's invitation and walk along side of him, down some of the winding paths and ducking in and out of between houses and racing around corners; all for in the end, only to have Jonathan pick you up and turl you around in the air, the now once more gentle breeze ruffling through your opened coat. A wide smile stayed plastered on your face, almost identicle to the one that had been pasted to Jonathan's face, his bright smile lightening the already bright day.

After a couple more moments of walking, Jonathan stops abrubtly and speaks. "Here we are, let's hurry inside for some tea. Shall we?" Taking his hand and walking inside, the two of you are greeted by the fresh aroma of tea and bisucits, the warm candlelit light creating a welcoming atmosphere inside the small shop. "But of course, there's no way I could ever refuse such an offer from you, Jonathan."

He guides you inside, ordering you both a cup of tea and taking you over to one of the tables, one of the ones in the corner of the room where the candles on the table create that same warm glow that the rest of the tea room possessed. Once one of the waitresses made her way to the table, the light in the room seemed to change, brightening almost. Looking over, you saw that Jonathan was once more smiling, this time it was his friendly smile directed at the young waitress as she laid the ceramic pot and two saucers with their matching mugs down on the table top, accompanied with a small plate where pairs of biscuits, and crumpets and cookies stayed, along with two spoons, some sugar and some milk for your tea. "Enjoy, (y/n)."