Planet 10: Paragon

Vert slowly opened her eyes and saw sunlight hitting the floor of her room. She sat up straight, stretched her arms in her bed and looked around her room. The blue curtains covering most of her windows fluttered from a gust of wind.

Vert slid out of her blue and white blankets and looked on her desk to see a bunch of anime figures on their sides or their back.

"Oh, Chika didn't wake me up? Well, I suppose it is my responsibility... still, how odd."

Vert stretched more and smiled and looked around her room. She looked at more anime figures on top of bookshelves which held rows upon rows of video game cases. She walked over to a door that led her into a bathroom where she proceeded to brush her teeth.

"I should meet Iffy and make sure she's okay. I may have protected her from the fire in LAN Castle, but she might be acting tough again. Then again, she is friends with Compa so I'm sure she'll be healed. Still it's proper etiquette for a wife to be worried about their spouse, hmhmhm."

Vert walked out of her bathroom and picked up her phone. She looked through some notifications and messages as her expression became more and more wary.

"A Lowee lab was attacked by Iris Heart, Lady White Heart and her sisters have gone missing, Ambi's gone rogue, what a disaster. I guess I'll have to send some support over to Lowee now as well. As long as Noire has Planeptune covered, this shouldn't be too difficult."

Vert replied to some messages, then turned off her phone and sat down at her desk. She smiled a little bit as she turned on her gaming console that sat under her desk.

"Might as well complete some missions before I get to work. Quickly, before Chika scolds me. Knowing Cave, she most likely contacted her right after me."

Vert looked at the time on her monitor which said 1:31, then refocused on the game. An hour had passed until she heard a knock on her door.

"Come in." Vert said.

An old man wearing a green cloak and a dark green uniform opened the door and stood at the entrance.

"Still waking up at noon and gaming all day I see." The old man commented.

"Oh, Yvoire! My, what a pleasant surprise, I didn't think you'd return to the Basilicom after your retirement, much less in your uniform."

"I didn't think I would either yet here I am. Such a troubling period, already two missing goddesses and one's gone rogue. Whenever you're ready, we shall get to work."

"Mmhm, I see Chika has filled you in already. I'll be done in 10 minutes."

"Chika... would that be Ms. Cave's nickname?" Yvoire asked.

Vert blinked, then turned her head to face Yvoire.

"Chika... as in Leanbox's Oracle... my sister?" Vert asked.

"Leanbox never had an Oracle past me, it was never necessary." Yvoire said. "As for your sister, I'm sorry to remind you, but Leanbox also has never reached enough shares to produce a CPU Candidate."

"No... no, she only says she's my sister because of how close we are. You- you couldn't have forgotten her, you said you were proud of how Leanbox would be in our good hands." Vert said.

"Have I now? Perhaps my age is getting the better of me. You'll need to give me a refresher once you're finished."

Yvoire bowed, then left Vert's room. She turned back to her monitor but with a much more worried expression.

"This... doesn't seem right... I..."

Vert looked at her screen, saw a small list of unfinished missions, then made a determined expression and turned off her game console. She walked over to her closet, wore her normal green dress, and left her room.