"Really ? Let's go !"

•••

Meera's older brother Samar had succumbed to the horrors of war, Aaryan just 27 then had taken over the reign, little did everyone know then that the immature, child like Aaryan would be the best king the Rajput's would see. Soon after Samar's wife Anamika too died in childbirth along with the unborn prince, leaving Mrunal orphaned and alone, Hania however took it on herself to raise Mrunal as her own, her first child.

The gates of the palace opened, in came the king of Bundelkhand on his stallion with his son riding behind him.

Quickly dismounting from his horse in two big steps he was next to Meera and the next second holding her close to him.

The death of their brother had brought the two more closer if it was even possible.

"I've missed you Di." He said taking in her warmth.

"And I've missed you my sunshine." Meera said patting his back lovingly. "Leave me, let me at least look at you." She said pulling him from herself and looked at him with loving eyes.

"You have become fat, right in the middle." She teased him, to which he he gasped dramatically.

"You lie, I have not become fat." He shrieked, this playful side of his reserved for his family made bystanders forget he was the ruthless king.

"Cmon, maa. It's my turn now." Maheen said impatiently tapping her foot, waiting to meet her Mamu jaan.

"Oh my doll ." Aaryan said engulfing Maheen in a hug. 'My doll' an endearment he had stolen from his brother.

"My Mamu." Maheen replied just as dramatically as Aaryan and squeezed him as tightly. Maheen had taken on Aaryan's childish personality, and more than being her uncle, Aaryan was her best buddy.

"Of course you forgot me baaji ." Hania's voice made a wide smile grow on Meera's face. She turned around from hugging Sameer, her nephew to see Hania, Mrunal and Rani Maa standing.

"I see, all these years and Aaryan has rubbed his dramatic side on you too." Meera said walking towards her and wrapped her arms around Hania.

"Kaka sa has rubbed on all of us Bua Ji, more on Kaki Maa." Mrunal chuckled, Mrunal looked so similar to Meera that someone could easily mistake Mrunal for Meera's daughter, the same brown eyes, the same milky white complexion.

"Rani maa, Ghani Khamma." Meera greeted her folding her hands.

"How are you my dear ?" Divyanshi said touching her chin lovingly. "Come here." She said giving Meera a quickly hug wrapping her wrinkled frail hands around Meera.

"I'm great Rani Maa, I'm glad you came although the travel-."

"MRUNAL !" Abeer yelled and came towards them like a charging bull.

Abeer was a striking carbon copy of his father, the sharp jaw, the same green eyes, the tall muscular frame, he looked like Haider did 30 years ago.

"Why wasn't I called ?" He said showing his displeasure walking toward Mrunal in big strides. He picked her up and twirled her around making her squeal and other laugh.

"Put me down shortie." Mrunal yelled.

"I'm a good foot taller than you." He said placing her on the floor.

"But I'm older than you." Mrunal said sticking her tongue at him.

"Oh bite me!" Abeer rolled his eyes at her playfully. "Oh who is this pretty lady ?" He said looking at Hania, "you are so pretty, mind if I sent my Ammi to yours to ask your hand in marriage ?"