45.

The chapter moves at a fast pace, I hope you like it :)

Meera was found the next morning lying unconscious in the courtyard.
A few guards had notified Jamila and Inayat who at once had rushed to her and brought her back to her room.

The bruises on her body and her torn clothes had told them her story, or at least some of it.

Meera remained unconscious for the next three days, her body burning with fever.

While Meera was fighting her battle with death, the rest of the palace was busy with the preparations for the two weddings which had taken priority .

"Noor what do I do." Zulekha pacing the length of Noor's room.

"Zulekha relax will you ! I've got it covered." Noor said walking towards a big trunk kept by her bed.

"I already had them remove this when Hadi announced your wedding." She said smiling at Zulekha. She carefully bent down and opened the trunk pulling out a beautiful white lehnga with extensive work.

"Th..this is so beautiful." Zulekha stutter taking the fabric in her hands.
"How will I ever thank you Noori." She said wrapping her hands around her cousin frame.

"You don't have to thank me for this, are you craz-."

"Not for these." Zulekha said looking down at the clothes. "For giving me my love, I know it was you who spoke to Haider abo..about giving me a chance."

"It should have never been her, it should have always been you Zulekha aapi." Noor said with a small smile.

"Now go get ready for the Maayu." Noor said pushing Zulekha out of her room.

Zulekha laughed as she made a way a couple of rooms down from noor's.
Happiness knew no bound for Zulekha, she had almost given up on the idea of her happily ever after with Haider.

"You look happy."

Zulekha turns around in fright at the suddenness. Kanika laughed at her reaction.

"Sorry."

"You scared me."Zulekha said her hand on her chest, as she heaved heavily. "And of course i look happy, and it's all thanks to you." She said keeping the lehnga on her bed and walking towards Kanika.

"If it hadn't been for you, I wouldn't have survived to see this day Kanika. I owe you one." She said holding Kanika by the shoulder.

"Well I'm going to remember about you owing me, a favour of the future queen is more worth than my weight in gold." Kanika said making Zulekha laugh.

"Now get ready, I'd just come to wish you luck and happiness." Kanika said patting Zulekha on her shoulder.

"Thank you." Zulekha said with a genuine smile.

"Always welcome."

•••

A wedding function followed by the other and then the other, the day of the nikkah had come.

The palace was going to witness two weddings of the two most powerful men of the Mughal empire.

Abhishek had worn a beautiful beige sherwani, his heart swelled, today he would finally call her his.