49

It was the Easter holidays. Cassie was in the library with Thomas doing their Astronomy homework. Cassie dropped her quill as her mind had just been invaded.

She was eleven, the Hat on her head. "Hmm... quite the fighter, aren't you? Very loyal, hardworking, ambitious, intelligent... Hufflepuff? No? Are you sure? Must be a SLYTHERIN!" — Cassie was in her bedroom with Dobby in front of her. She was bandaging his burns and bruises — Cassie was with Cedric, helping him practice — She was in the Room of Requirement on Christmas, 1994. Her first kiss with the red-headed boy — Cassie was in bed, Fred was kissing her—

"Stop it! Get out!"

"Cassie?" asked Thomas, concerned.

Cassie grabbed her things, stuffing her textbooks in her bag on her way out. She traveled up to the Gryffindor common room, meeting the Fat Lady.

"Password?"

"Er... Just let me in just this once," said Cassie, fuming with rage.

"No password, no getting in," she said.

Cassie looked around hurriedly. She saw Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown coming down the staircase.

"You! Do me a favor, will you?" asked Cassie. "Get me in."

"Sorry, no," said Brown. "You've already been allowed access once. If Umbridge— "

"Get me in! I don't care if I can't hear the password!" said Cassie urgently.

Parvati sighed, waved her wand, spoke a word, and the door opened.

"Thanks." She entered and the Gryffindors in the room looked surprised.

"Cassie— "

"Not now, Fred," said Cassie, marching up to the boys' dorm.

She looked for a moment, then heard a voice belonging to Harry Potter. The door opened with a bang. She grabbed Potter by the collar, pushing him against the wall, ignoring the shouts from Ron.

"You little piece of shit, Potter!" she yelled. "I don't go invading your mind, knowing how you feel towards that Cho."

"Cassie!" screamed the voice of Hermione. "What— "

"Think I'm an idiot?" Cassie snarled. "You think I don't know when someone's invading my mind, Potter?"

"'Course not," he said weakly.

"Don't lie to me!" In Potter's eyes, Cassie seemed a lot more intimidating than usual.

She turned to Ron. "What did he tell you?"

"N-nothing," he stammered.

"Come on, he tells you everything," said Cassie.

"You know, the real question is what do you do with my brother when you're alone," said Ron with a small annoying smirk.

"Why don't you mind your own business," said Fred, coming into the room. "We can hear your shouts."

"I swear, Potter, you stay out of my mind or I'll— "

"Miss Malfoy." That was the voice of Professor McGonagall. "What on earth do you think you're doing in the Gryffindor common room?"

"He— "

"I shall escort you to your Head of House and we can sort it out there," said McGonagall. "It's better it's me who's found you than the Headmistress."

With one last glare, Cassie left. She followed behind McGonagall, head down. McGonagall knocked on Snape's door. She walked in as Snape was grading papers.