65

The students of Hogwarts had all gone up to bed once dinner was over. Ginny stared up at the moon through the window thinking Harry Potter was looking at it at the same time. (He was.)

Neville came up the steps to the boy's dormitory and cleared his throat, catching Ginny's attention. Ginny turned around and said, "Ready?"

Neville nodded. "Luna should be meeting us on the sixth floor. As always, stay quiet, be aware."

It was the perfect night for mischievousness. Almost every night the trio would paint along the walls and every morning, it had the Death Eaters irritated and annoyed.

Ginny and Neville quietly made their way to the sixth floor where they met Luna Lovegood. Every few corridors, they would spray paint phrases that stood up against the dark forces. It was only a matter of time before they got caught.

The Carrows patrolled the halls, looking for students to punish. Usually, a teacher would hope not to find a student out of bed, but not the Carrows. They wanted to punish students. They enjoyed torturing, the screams in pain, the begging to stop. They were almost as bad as the Dark Lord.

"Luna, come on," Neville told her in a whisper. "It doesn't have to look like the Mona Lisa."

"Maybe... " she replied, looking at the writing. "But wouldn't it be nice to see something colorful in Hogwarts?"

"The only color we may see is red from our blood if they catch us," Neville responded. "Come on. We need to head to Dumbledore's office. If Seamus is right, Snape should be in the dungeons."

"We'll catch those pesky students," said Alecto. "I swear it."

"Stop," said Amycus, putting a finger to his lips, signaling to be quiet. He pointed in the direction he heard the voices.

The two drew their wands and walked quickly to the sound, getting excited to catch the misbehaved students. However, when they entered the corridor, all they saw was black.

Neville, Luna, and Ginny had run up the stairs in a rush. When they stopped in front of the Headmaster's office, they were able to catch their breaths.

"Good thinking, Ginny," Neville complimented.

"Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder," Ginny explained. "My brothers thought I'd need this."

"And good thing," he replied. "Otherwise, we'd have been given a detention worse than death."

"What are students doing up at this time of night?" asked the gargoyle, displeased. "The Headmaster is not in."

"We aren't here for Snape," said Neville.

"Then do you have the password?" the gargoyle asked.

"Password?!" Neville exclaimed, whisper shouting. "I had forgotten we needed a password."

"We don't have time," said Ginny. "Think! What would the password be?"

"Maybe something like... earwax?" Luna suggested. "Professor Dumbledore— "

The gargoyle leaped aside at this. The wall behind it halved, revealing a spiral staircase. "Brilliant, Luna!" Neville exclaimed as they began to climb the staircase.