Finding the Akonda boys...and my true mate

Start from the beginning

"WE END UP IN A FIGHT BECAUSE YOU OVER REACT JENNIFER!! I WENT OUT WITH JAKE AND NICK! THEY HAVE BEEN BEST FRIENDS TO US SINCE WE WERE ALL KIDS!" I yelled back, trying to hold my wolf back from attacking her. I didnt want to hurt her or Blayden.

"YOU LEAVE ME HERE ALL DAY WITH THESE DAMN KIDS AND THEN GET TO GO HAVE FUN WITH YOUR FRIENDS?! HOW IS THAT FAIR CADEN? HOW!" she yelled nearly throwing Blayden into the car seat that was on the counter. I heard him let out a loud cry and I growled more.

"DON'T YOU EVER THROW MY SON LIKE THAT! DO YOU HEAR ME? NEVER AGAIN!" I shouted loudly very close to her face, "Why dont you admit you dont love me anymore Jennifer, it is obvious you dont and I dont understand why..we are supposed to be mates!" I said to her stepping back and looking at her.

Jennifer looked at me with emotionless eyes as she spoke the words that killed me inside, "Caden, we were never true mates..I never truely loved you." she spoke in a cold tone and with those eyes and the pain that I felt I knew she was telling the truth. If she wasn't my mate, then who was? Who was my true mate?

I couldn't stand to look at her any longer and grabbed my jacket walking out of the house. I couldn't be there a second longer or else I was going to kill her. Why! WHY WOULD SHE LIE! I changed into my wolf and took off running into the dark of the woods. It seemed as hours had passed me by but in reality it had only been a half hour that I was out running trying to cool off steam. I sat near the lake and howled to the moon in sadness and pain.

After about 45 minutes of howling and crying, I decided it was time to head back. It was time to make her pack her things and have her leave since the marriage and bond were clearly broken. Wolf and human marriages were completely different. If a wolf and his mate's bond were broken then so was the marriage and the claim mark on the ex-mate will be burned away (not harming her of course) while in a human marriage, you have the hassel of going through the divroce and fighting of who gets what of the possesions. Wolf ways were alot easier. The females took what belonged to them and left. Now when it came to the pups, they stayed with the male since their pack provided more protection so there was no 'custody battle' as the humans.

Walking back still in my wolf form, my nose caught the scent of an awful oder. I began to walk slower trying to figure out the scent but I quickly heard the three long howls of the Alpha's wolf which meant there was trouble at the pack house. Quickly I ran in full inhuman speed to find the pack house covered by flames of fire. The pack were trying to put out the fire while others were in and out of the house carrying females and children trapt inside. I changed back into human form (Still in my clothes. We dont change back and are all of a sudden naked) and ran over to my father, "Where is Jennifer and the boys?!" I shouted looking around for them.

"JENNIFER!!! JENNIFER WHERE ARE YOU!!!" I shouted looking around, trying to catch her familiar scent or even the scent of my boys but I couldn't. Panic ran through out my body and mind as I still couldn't find them. My father came up to me and placed his hands on my shoulders, I knew that gesture and that look he was giving me. Jennifer and the boys never made it out of the house..

"NO! THEY AREN'T DEAD!!" I shouted and ran inside of the burning house. I heard my mother cry out for me and my father yelling at me to get back over there but I refused to listen. My boys..I had to save my boys. I ran inside and coughed hard as I was hit hard by the fire smoke. I looked around and shouted, "JENNIFER WHERE ARE YOU!!"

I made my way up the stairs dodging planks of wood falling with fire. The smoke was getting to me but I wasnt giving up, not until I found my boys and Jennifer..even if she doesnt love me and she isnt my mate, I am not cruel to leave her in a burning house. I made my way around searching room after room but the floor beneath my feet gave way and I fell down through the hole down to the second floor with burned wood and other debrie on top of me. The smoke didn't make anything better. I tried to get up but I couldn't. Any oxygen was now fire smoke, I felt myself weaken and collapse..this was it..this is my end. I felt my eyes get heavy and my vision blurred.