chapter nine

SONG OF THE DAY------> Grenade by Bruno Mars

--------

Chapter Nine;

Anastasia's POV

The golden meadow surrounded me, some green mixing in with the gold and beautiful pink, purple and even blue flowers surrounded me as they swayed from the gentle breeze. My long dark brown hair swaying just as gently as if it was one with the nature around me, my green eyes closed as I took in the smells and the heat from the sun. The rays gently playing against my already tan skin, as if I was a glass stained window, the colors playing off of one another.  The familiarity about the meadow caused me to relax even more, as if this was designated environment but that shouldn't come as a surprise, I am a werewolf..so then why does it surprise me? A soft sigh escaped my lips as my eyes fluttered opened but in that moment I wished I hadn't opened my eyes because before me about 100 yards was Caden, his eyes so full of life and...love..love for me but just behind him was a large wolf. I couldn't tell who it was but something deep within me was telling me that I knew this wolf.

"CADEN!" I shouted out for him but it was as if I was placed on mute. He couldn't hear my calls of warning and it felt as if the roots from the near by trees that surrounded the meadow in a perfect oval was holding my feet firmly to the ground. Tears whelled in my eyes as I watched the wolf's large body attack Caden's human body, the wolf's cainine fangs sinking into Caden's shoulder and neck and mangling it as blood poured everywhere. Tears instantly raced down my cheeks as I struggled to run towards Caden but it was as if the roots were trying to trip my every step. My chest was constricting in pain and the color drained from Caden's face and body. His eyes no longer holding life behind them but the life fading from them and the coldness of death over taking them. I screamed out in pain, I screamed out because I was losing my other half, I was losing my mate.

Caden's eyes found mine and without even having to say anything a simple message was translated and that was to run. I watched as his body soon to be lifeless dropped to the ground staining the golden green meadow ground. The wolf's head lifted, as its black eyes landed on me, baring his teeth out I heard the growl and without a second thought turned around and ran, tears still staining my cheeks as I cried running deep into the dark forests, escaping the meadow, escaping the place where was supposed to be peaceful but quickly became the place that I lost my mate, that I lost my Caden. My heart broke at the realization of Caden being dead and with that thought my legs gave way as I fell to the hard cold ground. Crawling into the whole of a large tree trunk I curled up into a ball and cried into my knees.

It felt like hours that I was sitting in the tree crying. The sky was changing from its soft blue to its raging black, clouds of anger covering the light of the moon and stars and not moments later did tears of sorrow fall from the sky. The rain had picked up quickly as if the heavens were sobbing from the loss like myself. I crawled out of the whole and looked up at the sky through the leaves, the rain drenching me instantly. A scream of pain and anger left my lips as profanities were shouted at the Heavens. All I wanted at that moment was to die so I could be with Caden but I knew better than to seek my death because my boys still needed me to be there for them so no matter how much I wanted death to find me, I had to avoid it at all costs because of my boys.

Falling to my knees, then laying down in the leaves and dirt, my knees pulled up to my chest. I wanted to just lay there with the rain hitting me for a while, sickness would never reach me not with my hightened immune system. My wolf wouldn't let me die from a simple humanly sickness. My heart was no longer whole it was in pieces as more tears flowed down my cheeks, my body shaking as I sobbed, my eyes burning from so many tears that seemed to never stop.

I knew minutes were quickly passing into hours but I didn't care, I just wanted to lay there until my tears stopped then I would find a way to will myself up and return back to the Akonda pack and deliver the news of Caden's death. Part of me was dreading to do that while the other part of me was trying to convince myself to seek death but that was completely pointless since I wouldn't leave my boys parentless like my parents did to me. A sigh escaped my lips and finally after hours of tears I stood up slowly and shakily, the rain still heavy, not letting up any time soon. I suppose the Heavens are truly devistated about Caden's death..they should be..since they are the ones who took him away from me. The sadness disipated as anger was filled in its place, I hated the Heaven's for causing me to fall in love with Caden only to rip him away from me! How could they do such a thing to me!