CHAPTER SIX

"YOU AGREED TO GO ON a date with Yaxley?" Frank whispered incredulously

"Yes, I did, Frank." Cassiopeia sighed as she scribbled down her notes. The duo we're currently in Study of Ancient Runes. Cassiopeia and Frank were the only ones out of their friend group that actually understood the class, therefore they continued to take it since third year.

"We are engaged. Why do you find it so hard to believe that I agreed to go on a date with him?"

Frank gave the girl an annoyed look. "Because you don't love him and you're being forced into a marriage you don't want."

Cassiopeia snorted, covering her mouth with her hand to keep from Professor Babbling hearing her. "Most marriages are like that, Frank. Just because you're lucky enough to have a mother who isn't a bigoted bitch doesn't mean the rest of us are. Besides, I could grow to love him, you know. And if not love him, than tolerate."

"That's no marriage, Cass, that's –"

"Mr. Longbottom, Miss Black." A stern voice sounded. The best friends looked up to see Professor Babbling glaring at them. "Is there something you'd like to share with the rest of the class?"

"No, Professor Babbling." The two answered automatically, perfectly in synch. When Cassiopeia and Frank spoke at the same time, it tended to unnerve some people. Professor Babbling glared at them as they continued to write down notes.

"We're not done with this conversation." Frank wrote on the top of Cassiopeia's paper. In response, she rolled her eyes. She understood that Frank was overprotective of her, they were best friends, after all. But who she dated was none of his business.

To be completely honest, she wasn't exactly happy that she was in an arranged marriage with Corban, but it could have been worse. He was sweet to her and treated her with respect (excluding the time on the train,) and he was funny. All in all, it was the best choice she had for suitors.

Cassiopeia so wished her family didn't believe in Blood-Supremacy. Why couldn't she date someone without having to think if her parents would approve of them? Not to mention the untold abuse that went on in their house for ages. Sometimes, Cassiopeia would create a world where she was Frank's sister, and they would grow up together and be happy.

As soon as Professor Babbling dismissed them, Frank was right back on Cassiopeia's case. "I just don't understand why you would go on a date with Yaxley. He's not right for you."

"And who in your opinion is right for me, Frank?" She questioned.

"Gideon."

Cassiopeia scowled at the name. "Don't bring him up."

Frank let out a sigh. "Really, Cass? You're still mad at him?"

"I have a bloody right to be!" She growled. "He told you, Sirius and James about what happened over the summer. I trusted him not to say anything, and he went and ran his mouth. Besides, me and Gideon are just friends. It's always been like that."