CHAPTER TWO

CASSIOPEIA AND FRANK SAT IN THE last compartment on the train, waiting for the rest of their friends to arrive

CASSIOPEIA AND FRANK SAT IN THE last compartment on the train, waiting for the rest of their friends to arrive. In their friend group, there was a total of six people: Cassiopeia Black, Frank Longbottom, Alice Fortescue, Dorcas Meadowes, Fabian and Gideon Prewett.

As Cassiopeia was doodling in her sketch book and chatting with Frank, the compartment door slid open to reveal the rest of their friends.

Cassiopeia smiled widely as she pulled Alice and Dorcas into a tight hug. "Merlin, I missed you two." She pulled away. "I though I would have to send a search party soon. Frank was driving me crazy."

"Oi! I'm a delight to be around!" Frank scoffed.

"As delightful as a nest of murder hornets." Cassiopeia retorted.

"M-murder hornets?" Gideon paled. "What in the bloody hell are murder hornets?!"

"Calm down, Gideon, they're only native to Asia." Cassiopeia dismissed. Oh how I wished they would stay there.

Gideon let out a sigh of relief. Cassiopeia pulled him and Fabian into a hug. "And how are my favorite Beaters?"

"Ready to kick some arse out on the Quidditch pitch." Fabian grinned.

"Good. Because if I have to hear Regulus gloat that they won again, I'm gonna throw him into the Black Lake." Cassiopeia glowered as she sat down.

"So," Dorcas said, leaning back in her seat. "How was everyone's summers?"

Frank talked about how he spent two weeks at his cousins house, Alice chatted about her trip to America, and the twins re-enacted their trip to the Quidditch World Cup.

"What about you, Cass? Anything interesting?" Gideon asked.

"Other than the fact that Sirius ran away, no." Cassiopeia shrugged. Her friends' eyes widened at the information. Frank was the only one she shared her home life with. "Oh, wait. Two things happened, actually. One, I was made Head Girl, and two, I got a piercing."

Alice's eyebrows shot up in surprise, as she hadn't noticed a piercing anywhere, until Cassiopeia waved her wand and the glamour was lifted. She had gotten a bloody lip piercing.

"Cass!" Dorcas exclaimed. "What in Merlin's name were you thinking?"

Cassiopeia shrugged. "I dunno. I saw a girl at the Muggle Skate park I go to had a lip piercing and I wanted one. Bonus points for pissing off my parents." She smirked.

Alice shook her head and sighed. "You'll be the death of me, Cassiopeia Black."

Cassiopeia grinned, throwing her arm around her best friend. "You love me. And don't try and deny that."

Alice rolled her eyes and shoved her into Gideon's side. Cassiopeia didn't notice the small red tint that ran along his cheeks. But Merlin, did his twin. Fabian's eyes grew wide as a lightbulb went of in his head. He was about to say something when Gideon elbowed him in the side and gave him a pointed look.