CHAPTER SEVEN

Fabian and Gideon were walking to Hogsmeade together to get more pranks from Zonko's when they ran across Corban Yaxley and Cassiopeia Black on their first date

Gideon noticed that she was frowning. Did that mean she was unhappy? He felt awful for hoping that the date was going horribly.

"Gideon," Fabian called, snapping his fingers in front of his brothers face. "Mate, let's get a move on."

When Gideon didn't notice his brother's words, Fabian glanced over where he was staring at and sighed. Frank had mentioned that Cassiopeia was going on a date with Corban, which is why he was trying to distract his twin by taking him to Zonko's. Despite Gideon's many claims about how he saw Cassiopeia as a friend, Fabian never believed him.

"Do you think she's miserable?" Gideon pondered. "She looks miserable."

"I'm sure she'll be fine. Cass is a big girl, she can handle herself." Fabian assured his brother. Gideon didn't seem all that convinced, as he hovered around a tree, watching the two intently. "Okay, mate, now you just look down right creepy. Let's go before someone thinks we're some peeping Tom's or some crap." 

Gideon slapped his brother's hand away, leaning against the tree, refusing to move. He watched as Cassiopeia's face softened at something Yaxley said.  Fabian could see where this was going. He could see the glint in his friends eyes as she leaned closer to the Slytherin. She cupped his face in her hands and kissed him softly, much to the dismay of Gideon. 

"C'mon, let's go. You don't need to see where this is going." Fabian dragged him away from the scene. One look at his brother and he knew that he was heartbroken. "I'm sorry, Gid."

"She looks happy." He said dully. "I want her to be happy. That's all I care about."

***

Cassiopeia and Corban roamed Hogsmeade, arm in arm.  After finishing their date at the lake, they decided to go for a walk around the small town.  The young Gryffindor was glad that she was able to go on a date with Corban and talk to him, as she realized that he wasn't the annoying prat she always thought him to be. He seemed to put on a façade whenever he was around his friends, and Cassiopeia knew that it was for his own safety. His parents were about as accepting as her own, so she understood.

"Okay," Cassiopeia spoke, her black hair blowing in her face. "We've established that my favorite color is green. So what's yours? Please tell me it's red." She grinned.

"No, actually, it's yellow." Corban informed her.

"Yellow? Really? I never would have guessed."

"It's a happy color. This world could use more yellow. Merlin knows that everything is dark and dim nowadays."

"It doesn't feel real, you know?" She mumbled. "All of the killings, the missing people, it feels like something straight out of mystery novel. Except we know who the killer is from the first page. I just don't see how people can hold such hate in their heart."