CHAPTER EIGHT

Cassiopeia woke up extremely early the next morning, slightly annoyed considering the sun wasn't even up yet

Cassiopeia woke up extremely early the next morning, slightly annoyed considering the sun wasn't even up yet. Her eyes scanned over to the grandfather clock that sat in every room of every dorm in Hogwarts. 4:52. Damn. She knew that none of the other girls in her dorm would be up that early, so she quietly got dressed and went downstairs.

Cassiopeia always liked the common room when it was quiet, which was extremely rare for the Gryffindor tower. It felt nice to be able to sit by the fireplace with a book and enjoy the quiet.

She had her book in her lap as she tried to read. Key word: tried. She kept reading the same paragraph over and over again, but she was unable to comprehend anything she was reading. She sighed as she closed her book and went downstairs to the kitchens, where the house elves were hard at work.

"Good morning Miss Black!" The house elves chorus together.

"Good morning guys!" She smiles softly. "And please, just call me Cass..."

"Okay Miss Cass!" Vispy smiles happily. Cassiopeia sighs a bit, but takes what she can get. "What can we get for you?"

"Coffee-" She yawns. "Lots and lots of coffee." Vispy jumps up and quickly makes her a large cup of coffee with cream and sugar. "Thank you Vispy. . . How are you this morning?"

"Vispy is well! She is happy that Miss Cass is here!"

"That's always good to hear." Cassiopeia smiles. She always loved to come down into the kitchens to visit the house elves and check up on them. She always felt a little bad for her house elf, Kreature, but, at the same time, he was an absolute menace. 

"Vispy heard that Miss Cass is engaged to Mr. Yaxley. Is Miss Cass excited?"

Cassiopeia sighs, as she didn't know how to answer Vispy's question. If she had asked her two weeks ago, her answer would have been immediate. She hated the idea of having to marry someone like Yaxley. However, after everything that has happened in the last week, the young woman didn't know where she stood with him. "Honestly? I don't know if I'm excited or not. It's an arranged marriage. As the oldest child and only daughter in my family, my only purpose is to marry another Pureblood and pop out a couple of babies, just like everyone else. But in all honesty, that's not the life I want. I want to be an Auror and do some good in this dark world. But I never get what I want. I always have to put other peoples needs before my own. Like with my brothers. I always have to make sure that they are in check and doing what they're supposed to be doing. Well, now I suppose I am only obligated to watch after Regulus, since my parents disowned Sirius. But still, I'm supposed to take care of my brothers, uphold my family name, be Head Girl, and try not to disappoint my parents. It's too much for me to handle. I just want to run away sometimes and never come back. Just forget about everyone and everything and become my own person." Cassiopeia lets out a breath.

Sweet little Vispy sat and listened to every word the Gryffindor girl had to say. Cassiopeia had never confessed to anyone that she wanted to run away from everything and everyone, but there was something so comforting about Vispy that it made her confess all of her secrets. Before she realized it, it was nearly time for everyone else to start waking up. She bid a farewell to Vispy and headed back upstairs into the common room.