Chapter 2

"Hi I'm Michelle and I guess your the new girl."

Michelle... I use to have a friend named Michelle but she wasn't anything like the girl in front of me. She had black curly hair and green eyes. Where as this girl had red hair and even though her eyes were green they were no where near as bright and life full.

Michelle died from Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and that's part of why I moved. I needed a new start where people would stop treating me like china just because I was emotionally unstable during the first few weeks after her death. Luckily Michelle brought me out of my thoughts when she started speaking again.

"Of course you are anyway welcome to WIS and I was told that I have to show you around until you get comfortable so I guess we're gonna spend a lot of time with each other so let's get to know each other."

She seemed really bubbly and she had managed to say all that in one breath so I'm guessing she has a lot of energy.

"Umm ya. I'm Arielle. Arielle Brown and thanks but I think I'll be able to make my way around fine."

As soon as I said that the little but of hope showing on her face disappeared. It's not that I didn't want her help or that I wanted to be rude but I wasn't very good with people or socializing.

Feeling guilty I looked away and continued staring at the clock.

Finally the teacher looked up from her screen and did the register. I ended up being the first name on the list and as soon as my name was said all heads snapped towards me. I didn't know what they were thinking but it made me feel uncomfortable.

The last name was called out and then here we were dismissed.

I made my way out knowing that the eyes were still on me.

I went back to the head of years office because I still hadn't got my timetable. More kids started making their way out of the classroom and much to my dismay they stares and whispers continued.

Why was it such a big deal that I was the new girl or what ever the reason is? I was a bit annoyed so I decided to speak up.

"Can you all stop staring. If you want take a picture cause it will last longer." I told the group of guys that's had been staring at me for a while.

As cliche as that line was in this situation, I was really serious about it. Well not the picture part but still.

Getting the message they turned away and walked out the corridor. I silently groaned. So much for a great start. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea and I wonder how long it's gonna take for them to stop behaving like this. Last time it was easier to fit in because of Michelle and how we were able to bond so easily but this time I don't have Michelle. Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes from just thinking of her. I really do miss her and I don't know how I was going to make it through without her. She was my other half and she was my everything. She gave me the respect that others didn't and treated me amazingly. She was more than a friend to me and almost like my sister. I wish I had done more for her but it's to late now and I should just be happy about the things that we did accomplish together.

Sighing I stopped at her door and knocked. I'm definitely not looking forward to this year.