"And now you want to take my child?" Keefe asked, his voice cracking. Salty wet tears were running down his neck now and he was struggling to keep the brick above his head. His muscles were straining, and Sophie could see it.

"Keefe..." Sophie began, but he shook his head, realizing he had began to doze off and raised the brick higher once again.

"No!" He shouted at her. "He deserves to pay!" He shouted, almost as if he was trying to convince himself.

"Keefe," Sophie said again, standing up. His eyes shot to hers and he quickly shook his head, holding the brick up higher, ready to strike.

"He deserves it!" He said again. Sophie bit her lip, slowly getting to her shaky feet.

"Yes, he does," she agreed. "He has tried to destroy us, and now he wants to destroy our family," Sophie told him. She began taking slow steps toward him, but she quickly flinched and tensed when the brick shifted in his weakening fingers. "But he is doing a pretty great job at it, isn't her?" Sophie asked. She looked over her shoulder to Biana and she nodded, encouraging the girl to continue.

A crowd had began to form outside of the mansion, including Alden, Della, Cassius, Edaline, and Elwin, for some reason. They were all watching the scene play out, and she could tell Alden and Della were worried. But she wasn't 100% sure for who.

Keefe rasps out a breath.

"Yes, he is," the blonde boy said. Sophie nodded, reaching up to her eye and tugging out an eyelash. She stared at it on her finger before softly blowing it to the ground.

Please, let them all get out of this safety, she silently wished.

"And Keefe, if you kill him here," Sophie told him, looking up from her eyelash. "His mission will be complete," she told him. Keefe looked down at Fitz who had his head staring the other way, tensing at the moment of strike.

"But-" Keefe started, his arm faltering a bit. The tears had stopped, but he was left with confusion.

"Yes, I know, its hard," Sophie told him. "But, hard decisions are hard," she told him. She took one more large step and grabbed his arm with the brick. Keefe immediately tensed, his eyes shooting to hers. He weakly tugged and she pleaded into his eyes. "You of all people should know that," she finished.

He bit his lip, looking over to to the brick in his hand. He seemed to snap out of a daze, a spell. An angered spell. He dropped the brick to the side and quickly wrapped his arms around her. He scraped at her back, trying to hold her tighter. He was shaking as he had been before. Alden rushed over to his son and helped him from the ground. Fitz was shaking as well, but Sophie wasn't worried about him.

"It's okay," Sophie said gently. Keefe's eyes were wide as he continued to shift in her grip, trying to hold her tighter. "I've got you," she told him. He nodded, his soft hair brushing her ear.

Keefe's shaking didn't stop for a while and they ended up underneath Calla's tree at Havenfield. He told her it made him feel safe like in her arms with a safe barrier around him for extra security. Sophie had agreed, knowing the exact feeling he was talking about. Sophie sat down, her legs extended out in front of her as Keefe laid his head on her lap. She ran her hands through his hair and he told her her hands made him feel safe as well.

"This is nice," Keefe mumbled to her, his eyes closed. Sophie nodded in agreement.

She hadn't checked in on Fitz, but he wasn't on her mind at the moment. He deserved the scare, maybe it'll teach him to finally man up and date someone for a change.

Footsteps were suddenly heard coming up the hill. Keefe's eyes slowly opened but Sophie shook her head, continuing to stroke his head with her soft fingers. He softly hummed, his feet stretching.

To her surprise, Elwin was the one to walk up the hill. He was holding a sheet of paper in his hands. Sophie shifted when she saw his face. He was nervous, and his vibes were moving to her. Keefe must have realized the difference in her emotions because he slowly opened his eyes and they shifted to Elwin. They then shot to the piece of paper he was gripping with all his life.

Sophie helped him sit up against Calla's trunk as Elwin shifted from foot to foot.

Sophie squeezed Keefes hand as Elwin said the sentence that had been bothering her ever since the fight.

"I have who the father is," Elwin told them.

I was about to say I'm not that cruel for keeping you guys on that last cliffhanger for about a month (which I am terribly sorry for, but there is no excuse for my absence, so I am very sorry) but that cliffhanger right there is truly terrible.

I hope you all will forgive me.

(P.S. Wattpad is going to be down for a few hours tomorrow morning so don't panic if you can't get in!)