[01] PISS OFF

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎 - 𝙷𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚖𝚎 [𝙹𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚆𝚛𝚕𝚍]

~

"And what makes you think I'm your babysitter? Piss off abeg." He shoved his hands into his pockets and briskly walked down the almost empty parking lot of Orion Museum.

My feet rushed after him.
"You can't just leave me her-"

"Watch me."

True to his words, he never stopped walking away. The evening sun casted a faint glare of his shadow on the tarmac grounds and even a toddler could see that he just wanted to get away from me.

Well, no surprise there.

"Denola!"

A new wave of heat rushed through me and it wasn't just from the layer of thick cardigan I'd buried myself in. The few eyes that momentarily stopped to stare at my form chasing after a boy twice my height could be guilted for that.

Where was Harry Potters darn invisibility cloak when I needed it?

He spun around abruptly and almost had me running into him but the spite his eyes carried was what really had me taking a step back. And oh boy, did I recognize that look on his face. The one that told me that Denola Coker was just about to feed on his appetite for drama.

"What?"

I shrank into my cardigan and by then, the few curious glances were slowly turning to spectators. Typical Nigerians.

"You can't just leave me here. How do you expect me to get home?"

"I didn't sign up to be your chauffeur or body guard, so piss off." He enunciated the last syllables, his forehead creased in clear irritation.

What ran up his butt?

My jaws clenched.

"If you knew you weren't going to drop me back home, then why did you bother transporting me here?" I scowled. "Moreover your Mum said you should-"

And that was the switch.

"So? Fuck what my Mum said and fuck you too!" Denola literally flipped, his arms flailing with emphasis and a bitter glare directed at me.

"I don't know if she pays you to bug me this much! All you've done this summer is pester and drive me nearly insane with your shit load of crap and holier-than-thou attitude." He scoffed.

"Maybe you think you're better than everyone else just because - God forgive me - Pastor Frank is your father. Oh, fuck it! I don't even care about your stupid act. Just get the hell away from me, okay? I dont know if you've noticed, but you disgust me Grace. Anyone can see that." He demonstrated towards the disguised onlookers and took a step forward, his eyes as cutting as ever. "So like I said before, piss off."