𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐈𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

After a long week of preparing Auradon Prep for its new students, the day to bring them over had finally arrived. Rylee and Morgan couldn't hide their excitement to go with Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos, and Ben to pick up the five chosen kids from the Isle. Gabby had been talking nonstop about all the fun she and Hanna were going to have with Ruby and Roland, who arrived just a few hours ago. They already made plans to show Hanna around and serve her and the other new students a feast full of the best foods in Auradon. Even though it wasn't their job to be on the welcoming committee, Rylee, Ben, and Morgan were grateful to have their younger siblings take the new students under their wings.

While Ruby and Roland were finishing helping Gabby move her things into the dorm she'd be sharing with Ruby and Hanna, their two older siblings made their way to Ben's office. The last week had been extremely stressful and they wanted to ensure the king had everything prepared for his plan that was going to take place before they headed to the Isle. However, the moment they entered his office, Rylee and Morgan wished they got there sooner. Ben was pacing around the room with a worried look on his face and his hands shoved into his pockets, completely oblivious to his Royal Advisors standing in the doorway. After the girls exchanged a look, they walked over to the king and grabbed his arms before forcing him to sit on the couch.

"What was that for?" Ben questioned while he looked between his best friends standing in front of him with wide eyes.

"If you don't calm down, you're gonna give everything away," Morgan told him as her attention turned to the purple-haired girl outside on the balcony.

"She's right, Beasty. Mal is pretty perceptive," Rylee added before Ben got to his feet to stand between her and Morgan, "if she senses you're nervous about something, she might think you're having second thoughts about bringing more kids over."

While the Macintosh girl continued to try and get Ben to relax, the blonde princess walked toward the closet to grab one of his suit coats. Just as she opened the door, a certain curly-haired blonde came tumbling out. The three of them just stared at the boy on the floor as he slowly looked up at them with a forced smile on his face.

"What were you doing in there, Chad?" the Fitzherbert girl questioned with her arms crossed over her chest as the son of Cinderella got to his feet, "were you eavesdropping on us again?"

"Hey, guys. Didn't expect to see you here," Chad said with an innocent look on his face, only to receive three unamused looks in return, "you know what, I'm gonna pretend I got a super important text and go somewhere that's not here. So...bye."