𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐃𝐀𝐘

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

It was long after leaving Beast Castle when they arrived back on the Isle. Jay parked the limo behind the stage where they'd be revealing who was coming back to Auradon with them next week. Once everyone was out of the car and had everything they needed, Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos walked around the Isle of the Lost to announce their arrival. While they were gone, Rylee and Morgan started to set everything up for when they came back with all the kids wanting to go over. As they hung posters around the area where they'd make the announcement, the Fitzherbert girl couldn't help but look around at her colorful surroundings. Since the princesses arrived back in Auradon, they'd been working with Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos to make the Isle a better place for its citizens.

Even though they were still trapped behind a magical barrier, the dark island had come a long way. Light posts were placed on every street corner and in every alley, bringing light to the formerly dark places. The walls of every building were given a new coat of paint and were brighter than ever before. The Isle had a different feeling to it that brought a smile to Rylee's face. It looked and felt like a home rather than a prison. Despite not being able to take everyone back to Auradon, the blonde girl was happy leaving them in a much safer place.

"Do you think Gabby's friend filled out an application?" Morgan asked, drawing Rylee's attention back to her just as she finished putting up the last of the posters.

"I hope so. She hasn't been the same smiley girl since Skyler and Holly left to explore Auradon," the Fitzherbert girl responded. It wasn't long after that when the two of them headed up the steps to the stage that overlooked the clearing below to look around at the alleys that surrounded them. "Is it just as weird being back here for you as it is for me?"

"Honestly, I'm trying not to think too much about it," the Macintosh girl answered before letting out a long sigh, "Robbie didn't want me to come back."

"Your new little boyfriend scared you're not gonna come back to Auradon?" Rylee mocked, causing her redheaded friend to roll her eyes before they broke into hysterical laughter.

Before they could continue their conversation, Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos returned with a huge crowd of teens and children who wanted a chance to leave the Isle. Rylee wished she could say she was surprised at how many wanted to leave the only place they ever called home, but she wasn't in the least. Even though they worked to make the Isle a better place to live, it wasn't Auradon. It would never be Auradon. While Mal and Evie went up the stairs to join the two princesses on the balcony, a few teens ran around collecting the applications from everyone with Jay and Carlos.