Chapter 1

Pavement blinked his eyes opened. It was dark, but the light streaming onto the garbage bags told him that it's morning. He turned around and spot his littermates still sleeping. A mischievous grin spread across his face. "Ivy! Ivy! Ivy! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" he pounced onto his silver tabby sister. 

"Uhhhh." Ivy groaned, shoving Pavement off. "Go back to sleep. It's not even morning..." She mumbled. Pavement frowned. 

"IT'S SUN HIGH!!!" he yelled into Ivy's ear. 

"Eek!" Ivy jumped up. "Why did you-oh my gosh. Am I late already?" Ivy blinked her eyes open. 

"No. It's just morning. I tricked you!" Pavement giggled. 

"Hmph." Ivy toss her head and turned her body around and went back to sleep. 

"Just wake up!" Pavement shouted excitedly. "Cream and Silver are taking us out to the markets!" That worked. Ivy snapped her head up.

"We've been waiting for ages! Let's go wake Rose and Scotch up and then we can work on our cute little faces!" Ivy bounced away. The markets are where the Twolegs exchange things. Markets only happen once a month. Every cat awaits the fresh food Twolegs give to cats. Not all cats are lucky though, some can even get chased out or taken away. But, still. Pavement wished for this day to come. Cream had told them what it is. Silver said it was amazing. Snow said that the markets are beautiful in the night and food tends to fall on the ground during the night. Frosty said that the market is where he met Snow. 

"Rose! Scotch! Wake up! Wake up! Cream and Silver are taking us to the markets today!" Ivy squealed. Rose twitched her ear. Scotch grunted.

"Leave us alone!" Scotch took his paw out and started pressing the air, trying to push them away. 

"We're going to the markets!" Pavement squeaked. 

"What's all this racket?" a voice growled behind them. 

"We're-we're-we're sorry, Ch-Ch-Chalk..." Pavement whimpered. 

"You were lucky I didn't kill all of you. Now...GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!" Chalk roared.

"Intimidating the kits, are you, Chalk?" a voice behind him said. 

"Cream! When are we going to the markets?" Pavement pushed past Chalk. "Ooo! I can't wait! Maybe we can finally taste what fresh food tastes like!" he ran in circles. "When are we going?" Cream chuckled.

"After Rose and Scotch wake up." Cream licked his ear. Pavement pounced onto his sleeping littermates. "Pavement!"

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" Pavement jumped. Ivy laughed.

"Yeah! We're going to the markets now!" Ivy bounced on their torn and worn out pillow. Chalk growled. 

"I advise you to leave, Chalk." Cream held her head high. 

"Ahhh. Cream, so regal like a real Twoleg queen." Chalk smirked.

"Shut up, Chalk. Kits, let's go! Silver's waiting!" Cream walked towards Pavement and his littermates. "Chalk, I advise you to leave." Pavement followed her out with his littermates.