Bokuto Hikari and Nakamura Ren

as requested by a lot of people, hikari is back!!!
ngl as i wrote this i realized that this is just how i'd live if i was hikari... whoops-
anyways hope y'all enjoy!

Hikari Bokuto was living her best life.

She had been adopted by the Bokutos 11 years ago. Her life without them was something she couldn't even remember.

14 year old Hikari was faced with a problem.

As she was walking home with her friend and neighbor Nakamura Ren, she couldn't help but stare.

Ren had long silky dark hair, beautiful brown eyes, and fair skin. When she smiles, two dimples form on her cheeks.

Ren was one of those girls who were really fun to be around, she was friendly, funny, and overall great company.

Ren was one of Hika's closest friends. Ren thought of Hika as her best friend. Hika, on the other hand thought of Ren as something else.

As Hika focused intently on what Ren was saying, she slipped and fell backwards.

"Asahi Christ!" Hika shouted out before meeting the pavement.

"Oh my- haha! Hika, a- ha are you okay? A-and who's Asahi?" Ren tried to say in between laughs as she looked down at Hika who was now laying on the floor.

Hika blushed at Ren's laugh and turned her head in embarrassment.

"C'mon Hika, get up." Ren stuck out her hand for Hikari to grab.

Once Hika was back on her feet, Ren asked again "Who's Asahi?"

"Oh he's this really tall guy who's dating one of my Dad's teammates. I've met him a few times and he looks like Jesus" Hikari explained, remembering Noya-san and Azumane-san.

"Oh yeah! You're Dad's on the National volleyball team, right?"

"Yeah, both my parents play volleyball, but my Papa stopped after high school."

"Man, athleticism runs through your blood doesn't it?"

Even though Hikari wasn't biologically their daughter, she still picked up her fathers' athletic skills and ended up playing basketball.

"Oh! Speaking of which, do you wanna come to my game this weekend, Ren?"

"Sure! Anything for my best bud!" Ren said as she slung her arm over Hika's shoulder.

"K. Oh, we're at my house already. Wanna come in?" Hikari noticed that they were already in front of the Bokutos' house.

"Sure, why not? I've never been."

Hikari took her house keys and opened the door.

"Dad! I'm home!" Hikari called out, knowing that her Dad didn't have practice today.

"Hiya Hika! Oya oya? Who's this?" Koutarou said, noticing that it wasn't just Hikari at the door.

"O-oh, this is my friend, Nakamura Ren. Ren, this is my Dad, Bokuto Koutarou." Hikari introduced her friend to her dad.

"Nice to meet you, Bokuto-san! It's an honor to meet someone on the National Volleyball Team! I've also heard a lot about you from Hika!" Ren said politely.

"Pleasure to meet you too, Ren-chan! And thanks! Ah, hold on. Keiji! Hika's home!" Koutarou called out.

"Wait, Papa's home?" Hikari asked, surprised that both her dads were home before her.

"Yeah, he got off work early today, since he's been working late a lot." Koutarou explained.

"Oh! Welcome home, Hika. And you are?" Keiji said as his head popped out of the kitchen doorway.