Chapter 7

I spent the following morning packing in between making toffee fudge, shortbread biscuits and flapjacks. I couldn't help but make things when I was nervous.

Once packed I placed the three bags downstairs and had a nice hot bath. I wondered if I could start making my sweet things and sell them online. I thought I would talk things through with Phil after this mission. Maybe I could use the Hudson team as my guinea pigs.

I wanted to be comfortable for my journey so I chose leggings and an off the shoulder sweatshirt and my vans. After dressing I took a book to the back porch. Dad had decided to take his SUV to Montana in case it was handy to have another large car. I have been considering buying a new car as mine has been faulty three times this last few months.

Instead of reading I got my tablet from my bag and started searching for cars. I had no idea what I wanted. This should be something I research so I switched off my tablet and picked my book back up.

Phil came home after an hour with some burgers I put down my book as I self the delicious aroma. After eating I cleaned up whilst Phil changed and then we loaded the car. As we got into the car my nerves bubbled up but I pushed them away. It's the children that's important not whether these men liked me. Let's be honest they are gonna hate me and fight the fact that Phil and I have been sent to help. Great.

Chapter 7

Our journey was slow and even stopping for some food I felt so lethargic when we finally drove into Montana. I was checking out shops and amenities when I felt a wave of nausea. Taking a breath I realised it wasn't my own feelings. "Pull over" I demanded.

Phil gave me a side glance as his eyes widened slightly. He found a space to pull over when I noticed how pale he looked. "Dad why didn't you say earlier instead of masking your feelings" I pulled off my belt and went around. He had managed to pull off his belt but was sat still his breaths listless.

I moved my arms around him pulling him out of his seat. As he stood I leant him beside the car for a minute whilst opening the back door. As we manoeuvred to the back seat he sat down heavily and leaned over lying on the seat. I frowned realising he was worse than I thought.

Pushing away any thoughts of panic I shut the door and rushed to the driving seat. Luckily with the sat nav finding our location was easy. It was a remote location just out of town and looked to have been a ranch of sorts at some point.

I pulled beside a couple of vehicles and searched around for someone. Seeing no one in sight I rushed to the front door. I banged loudly shouting to ask if anyone was in.

A burly man yanked the door open with a dangerous scowl on his face. I recognised him as Mason. "Mason please help Phil isn't well" I turned and made my way back to Phil.

As I got to the car I opened the back door and noticed Phil was now unconscious. I looked over my shoulder to see Mason stood in the doorway with his arms folder. 'Fucks sake' I thought.

I went to the boot and retrieved Phil's black doctors bag. I then pulled out my phone and rang the academy hospital. They transferred me to Bradley.

"Thank god. Bradley it's Rosy, Phil is unconscious and I haven't access to another doctor can you talk me through an examination to try and find out what's wrong?" I pleaded.

"Ok lay him flat and describe what you see" he instructed.

"He was feeling sick earlier and started trembling. His pupils are dilated and his heart rate is rapid. Sweating and ......oh my god" I said as I was examining him he started convulsing.