Chapter 6

Taking my seat I pulled out my notepad and pen.   I spoke to a few in the class, we had spoken a few time's and most seemed nice.  Mr Holmes was a creep, leaning in too closely with the women and placing his hand on an arm or shoulder.   He had done nothing that I could report but if I saw anyone becoming uncomfortable I would voice a question.  If he got close to me I would change position quickly or sneeze or just make it awkward for him to be subtle.   This just seemed to fuel his foul play. 

As he entered I watched him glide into the room.   He was at least 6ft and a slender frame but I wouldn't say skinny.   He had dark hair, dark eyes and if he had a better persona I would even describe him as handsome.  Unfortunately he was a slime ball. 

The class however had been interesting.  We had reviewed old missions and discussed strategies and once we have decided on one we reviewed what the team had done.   It had brought up some interesting viewpoints and showed how strategies worked well when planned and when all opinions considered. 

Team work was vital in any situation we looked at.  Even when things didn't go to plan it was essential to look after the team first.   Hence their motto 'Family first' was important within a mission.

We had been reviewing last lesson a mission involving a drug dealer who was holding a woman hostage and her sister had approached the academy to rescue her.   We had all been placed as team lead with a team of three and we had to plan our own strategy choosing one extra team member from the class.    We would tonight present our plan and who we had chosen and why.  

We had been chosen one by one and I had been the last.   I hated being last.   My plan went well and I had chosen Mr Holmes.  My reasoning was because he spoke Russian and so did I and no one else on the team did.   The drug dealer and close associates were Russian.   This meant we could have myself and Mr Holmes would be able to pick up and conversations in Russian.    Also the team consisted of ex military and all had tendencies to he got headed.  Mr Holmes would split with part of the team to secure the drug Lord and I would go with the  remainder to search out the victim and any other innocents to rescue.   Thus keeping a calm head on both parties.  

We all had parts to our plans that were similar which just mirrored our training.  Mr Holmes explained how none of our plans would be detrimental to the aim.   What would secure success in our missions would be teamwork, thinking on our feet, keeping to the plan as much as we can whilst limiting risks.    We should never be afraid to call for backup.  

Although I distinctly disliked how Mr Holmes leered over women he was a good teacher in this subject. 

As we were packing away our things Mr Holmes approached.   "Rosy I was impressed how you must have done background checks to have discovered my second language.   Most relied on the information given in class but you didn't.  You have great potential in leadership" he leaned on the desk extending his legs obscuring my exit. 

"I wondered if you were free for coffee I would like to discuss your reasonings further" he stated with a slight lick to his lips.  Pig. 

"Sorry Mr Holmes I'm not free.   Thanks for the class it's been enlightening" I said manoeuvring so that he knew I wanted to leave. 

"Another time.   Give me your number we can rearrange" he said pulling out his phone.  Jesus this man. 

"Another time I really do need to rush" I said jumping slightly over his legs to make a run for it. 

Mr Holmes seemed to move as quick and grabbed my elbow.  "You need to learn who is good to have as a friend Rosy.  I'll be waiting" he said with confidence.   I felt his demand and thoughts of control and a need for my attention.