t h i r t y - t w o

Start from the beginning

i looked to matthew, raising an eyebrow at him. "you wanna go first?"

he shook his head. "nope. you can."

i laughed as i settled down into the chair. "suit yourself, bro."

i then explained the tattoo that we had come up with. i didn't even budge as the tattoo gun started and touched my skin.

"thank you

"thank you." i smiled as kai finished the tattoo, wrapping the protective wrap around my right wrist.

i looked down at the filled in moon on my wrist. i then looked up at matt. "your turn."

he took a deep breath as he settled into the chair. "why am i nervous? does it hurt?"

i laughed at his scared face. "it's not too bad, honestly. i recommend not looking at it though with how queasy you can get."

"you ready?" kai asked, starting up the tattoo gun.

he closed his eyes, looking away as he nodded. kai gave him a small countdown before starting and i watched as his face contorted in pain for a moment when she did start. he then relaxed a bit.

"that isn't as bad as i thought it would be." he mumbled.

"i told you so."

within just a few minutes, kai was putting the protective wrap around his wrist as well. she gave him the whole spiel of how to take care of it so as for it to not get infected and for it to maintain healthy.

"well that should be it. thanks again, kai."

"just doing my job," she shrugged. "see you two later, and happy birthday again, matt."

"thank you." he smiled.

<~~~~~>

"come here you two, let me see the tattoos." mrs. loughty grinned as we walked into matt's house.

we walked over to her, showing her the matching tattoos. she smiled as we did.

"they're very cute! i like them! now i made you two some snacks, they're in the refrigerator if you want them."

"thank you, mrs. loughty."

"of course! you two have fun!"

we walked to the kitchen, grabbing the snacks from refrigerator, bringing them up to matt's room. i sat down on the edge of the bed, starting to eat.

"so how's things with you and marley?" i asked.

"really good," he smiled. "i'm so in love with her."

"yeah? have you told her yet?" i queried.

he shook his head, his shoulders slumping. "no. i'm nervous as hell to."