Chapter 10

As the sun came up bringing forth a new day at last, once its rays hit Fred, Velma, and the rest of the gang their memories of last night were completely erased thanks to the Goblin King's spell. The gang groaned as they woke up from their trance. 

"What just happened?" Fred said, not remembering a signal thing. 

Walter groaned, rubbing his head. "I don't remember a time like that since we were in the Love Tunnel"

Jane smirked coming up to her husband, wrapping her arms around him lovingly. "Yeah. You are my Mr. Sly Guy"

Just then, the gang heard a car horn and turned seeing Shaggy, Scooby, the Akids, and Scrappy pull up in Mystery Machine. 

"Hey, gang!" Shaggy greeted. 

"Where have you been?" David asked them casually. 

"We've been looking all over for you" Scrappy added in the same manner. 

"Shaggy, Scooby, Scrappy!" Daphne said. 

"Kids!" Walter and Jane sighed in relief. 

"What happened to you guys last night?" Velma asked them. 

The kids, lanky man, and two great danes glanced at each other before all smiling and laughed. 

"You wouldn't believe us if we told you" Brock told the adults. 

"That's for sure" Cynthia smirked. 

The rest of the gang just gave confused looks in response to them.

Later at the carnival, everything was being packed up and taken away now that Halloween was officially over. 

"Well, gang, another Halloween carnival come and gone" Fred said as they watched the workers load everything into the trucks.  

"I hate to say it," Daphne started before turning to Fred. "But don't you think we're getting a little old for this stuff?" 

"You know, it's not really about how old you are it's how you feel inside" Walter stated to his friends. 

"Words to live by" Jane agreed coming up to her husband with dreamy eyes. She had never found him more attractive. 

"Okay" Velma admitted. "But it does seem a little bit silly to go around pretending to believe in monsters and magic. Even if it is just one night a year" 

"Oh, you guys" Ann smiled at the adults, while the Akids and Scrappy came over finding Shaggy looking at one of those goofy mirrors. 

"Real or unreal? Like, what's the difference?" Shaggy shrugged his shoulders. 

"It's all about the fun!" Scrappy beamed. 

"Like, the truth is you never know where your next scare is going to come from" Shaggy said. "You've just gotta find the courage to deal with it face to face" 

"Well said, Shaggy" Teeders nodded to him. 

Shaggy then looked back into the mirror when suddenly, the Headless Horseman appeared in the mirror, laughing evilly. 

"Zoinks!" Shaggy yelped, jumping back into Velma's arms. "Look out, it's that headless horror from the Halloween world!" 

Kali came up with Scrappy to get a closer look at the horseman before reaching down through his shirt collar and pulled out a head, revealing that it was just Scooby playing around. 

Kali smirked. "Yep. You never know where your next scare is going to come from... Or from who"

"That's my uncle" Scrappy smiled proudly. 

The gang laughed together as this was another Halloween they'd never forget. 

"Scooby Dooby Doo!" Scooby howled. 

THE END