Chapter 5

Back with Shaggy, Scooby, Scrappy, and the kids~

Jack had been leading our heroes along through a spooky looking forest, saying that there were some witches nearby who could help them. 

"Uh, are you sure you know where we're going?" Ann asked Jack nervously, as they passed all these scary looking signs that read stuff like 'Stay away!' and 'Go back!'. 

"Of course I'm sure," Jack replied boastfully. "Now trust me on this..."

After passing a few more 'Beware' and 'Dead End' signs, the gang spotted a small hut up ahead.

"End of the line, guys" Jack presented. "There's the witch's hut, just like I promised"

"Whoooaa..." The Akids awed. 

"Look at that!" Scrappy pointed out in amazement. 

"Now, I gotta bounce," Jack told the gang. "But they can help you find the Goblin Castle"

"You know, assuming they don't eat you first" He then mentioned, now making Shaggy and Scooby nervous. 

"Eat us?!" The cowardly duo quivered. 

"Well, that's reassuring" Cynthia mentioned sarcastically. 

"Thanks a lot, Jack. The guys really needed to hear that right now" Teeders added in the same manner. 

Shaggy gulped, asking the pumpkin. "Are you sure you won't come with us, Jack?"

"Sorry, guys, but those old bags take one look at me and, splat! I'm pumpkin pie. You know what I'm saying?" Jack replied. 

"But, like, how are we gonna get along without you?" Shaggy asked him hopelessly. 

"Shaggy's right" David added. "We don't even have anymore magic now to help us"

"Reah, how?" Scooby frowned. 

Jack laughed, smiling towards the gang. "Are you kidding? You guys rescued me from the Brainless Horseman, hello?! That took real courage. And everybody knows courage is the most powerful magic of all" 

"He does have a point there" Scrappy had to agree with the living pumpkin. 

"Yeah..." Brock soon smiled a little in memory, admitting. "We were pretty heroic back there" 

But as for Shaggy and Scooby...

"Like, I hate to tell you, but that wasn't courage..." Shaggy told Jack. "That was panic" 

"Hey, whatever you call it, it's working for you" Jack smirked back towards the cowardly duo before he started to leave. 

"Thanks again for everything, Jack" Kali said. "I don't know what we would've done without you"

"Ah, don't mention it" The Jack-O-Lantern smiled, saying goodbye to his new friends before disappearing over the horizon. "Keep it unreal. And Happy Halloween!"

The gang waved goodbye to their pumpkin friend, knowing they would never forget him. Shaggy then turned to Scooby and petted his dog's head. Even though there were times when they were scared, the cowardly duo knew they'd always have each other's back. Plus the Akids from time to time. 

"Come on, guys" Scrappy said, leading the gang as they still had a mission to fulfill. 

The gang slowly crept up to the witch's hut, being careful not to be seen or heard. They peaked inside through the front door which had been left open and saw a witch in front of a cauldron, doing your typical witch stuff trying to create a new spell while her owl and cat companions watched her.