Chapter 37 : Changed

Dahee's POV

Wooyoung walked me home. We walked while holding hands. I couldn't help but to smile widely the whole way.

"Will you be okay?" Wooyoung said, breaking the silence.

"Hm?"

"Your parents must be angry at you now."

"Ah, that..." I looked down.

"I know, we don't like all the things that our parents tell us to do. But they won't do anything that would make us sad...Sometimes we couldn't see how much they care for us. They always work so hard, not for themselves but for us. They work to keep us happy, to fulfill our every need."

I didn't say anything and just kept walking with him.

"We think they don't understand us. But actually we don't try to understand them either...Think about it. Put yourself in their shoes and think from their point of view. Then you'll understand that all the things they did was for you. They did that because they love you not because they hate you."

He paused in his steps and turned to face me. He held my shoulders, leaning a bit towards me.

"Sometimes it's okay to be upset. They too must have their own reasons. And never forget...that they love you a lot."

Warm tears rolled down my cheeks without me knowing it. I was touched by what he just said.

"Uh?...Why are you crying? I didn't tell that to make you cry."

I wiped my tears away. "Aniya...I just felt that I was wrong all the time. I didn't think from their point of view. I always thought that they were wrong and I was right...But after listening to you I realised that...I was wrong."

I broke into tears again. "I shouldn't have argued back like that. Now I regret it..."

He hugged me tightly. "Everything is going to be okay. Don't worry."

I hugged him back, silently sobbing in his embrace while he caressed my head.

***

Soon we reached my home. "Go inside. I'll watch you from here," Wooyoung said.

"Okay then. Bye..." I waved at him and walked towards the door.

I looked back at him. He was still standing there and smiled when our eyes met.

I ran back to him and hugged him tightly. "Khumawo Wooyoung-ah... Because of you, I was able to change myself. Khumawo..."

After a while, we pulled back. "No matter where you go, I'll make sure to visit you sometimes. So don't be too upset. Hm?" He caressed my head. "Go inside. It's getting cold."

I nodded and walked towards the door. I waved at him for the last time before getting inside. I smiled to myself, closing the door behind me.

I feel happy to have someone like him and sad that I'm going to leave him.

I walked to the living room and saw Mom and Dad sitting on the couch, looking all serious.

"Dahee–"

"Mom, dad, I know you both are mad at me. And you should be. What I did was wrong. I shouldn't have argued and run away like that...Till now I used to think that you didn't care about me but little did I know that you did all that for my sake. I wasn't able to understand you..."

They both looked at each other before looking back at me.

"Mom, dad, I'm sorry for disappointing you like this. I'm sorry for not understanding you in the first place. I'm sorry. I really am..." A tear managed to slip out of my eyes after saying that. "I'm ready to leave Korea."

"Dahee-ah..." Mom came and hugged me. "We're also sorry. We too shouldn't have done that. Mianhae."

"Mom..." I cried in her embrace. I missed mom's hug, I missed it so much.

Then I felt dad caressing my head. "Don't cry...We won't leave Korea, if you don't want to. We don't want to make you suffer again."

Now I feel like the things are going to back to the way it used to be. Everything.

***

I walked out of my room the next day, yawning when my nose sensed something delicious being cooked. It was already lunch time. I hurried to the kitchen.

"What are you making, mom?" I said, hugging her from the back.

"I thought to make something different today."

"Waah!...It looks delicious..." My mouth was already watering just by seeing it.

"Go and wash up. The food is almost ready."

"Okay." I ran to my room.

***

"Waah!..." I looked at the dishes with my mouth wide open. I sat at the dining table. Dad was already sitting in his seat.

"Eat it before it gets cold," mom said bringing some side-dishes.

I took a bite of the food. "Umm...It's very delicious," I said before stuffing my mouth again.

"Help yourself." 

Then we all chatted with each other while having food. I never been this happy since a long time.

To be continued...