Chapter 35 : Fever

Dahee's POV

I was lying on my bed, not able to sleep. I kept thinking about it.

"Ah eottokhae?!" I ruffled my hair.

I turned to my right side and my gaze landed on the fox plushie.

-Flashback-

"If I don't want to pretend then?" Wooyoung said.

"Huh?" I looked at him in confusion.

-End of flashback-

I screamed in my pillow. "Why did I confess earlier? Ah,I must have been crazy! Why did I do that?!" I sighed.

"But wait a minute! Why did he tell that? What did he mean?" I gasped. "No way!...Does he like me?!"

I hit my head. "How can he like someone after all that? You're just stupid, Dahee. Pabo!"

I blankly stared at the ceiling. "But why do I feel like I'm leaving back something precious here..." I let out a deep sigh.

I pulled up the blanket. "Just sleep for now. We're moving anyways." I closed my eyes and tried to sleep.

***

"Did you pack all you stuffs?" mom said.

"Nae."

"Take that to the car."

And so I did. I took my luggage to the car and soon we were ready to leave. I sat with mom in the passenger seat at the back and dad in the front.

I looked at the time in my phone. It was half an hour ago before the festival was to start. I sighed and leaned back, closing my eyes.

I won't be able to watch them perform.

Then I start to recall all the memories I've made with my friends, all the time I've spent with them. I was so happy with them.

I always used to stay alone but after meeting them, my life changed. I experienced the real happiness when I was met them.

And there I met Wooyoung, my first love. I didn't know I would fall for a jerk like him. A smile crept on my face on recalling him.

But now...everything's over. I won't be able to meet them again. I won't be able to meet Wooyoung again.

I glanced at the house for the last time and then we drove to the airport.

***

We had to wait for some time as our flight was delayed by some minutes. I was sitting in the waiting area with mom.

I kept looking at the time. "The festival would have started by now." I sighed.

***

Wooyoung's POV

"You're telling us that now?! San yelled at me. I told the others about Dahee.

"You guys were so excited so I didn't want to make you sad."

"You would have told us earlier. I'm more upset now."

"Me too." Mingi added.

The others were also sad that Dahee won't be able to see our main performance. But I was more upset.

"She was so excited about it and now she can't..." I sighed.

"Cheer up. We have to do our best!" Hongjoong hyung patted my shoulder. I nodded.

It could have been better if Dahee was here to watch us perform.

***

Dahee's POV

We heard the announcement of the arrival of our flight arrived. We took our luggage and headed towards the gate.

While walking, my gaze fell on my diary which was in the bag that I was holding. I paused in my steps, closing my eyes.

I feel like my life's being taken away to some where...Do I have to say farewell to my friends again?...

"Dahee, why did you stop? Come fast! We're going to be late." I heard Mom say.

I flung my eyes open. I felt as if I would regret leaving later. I turned back on my heels and ran from there.

"DAHEE! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?... KANG DAHEE!..."

I ignored their words and just ran from there.

***

Wooyoung's POV

"We are going to perform next. So get ready," Seonghwa hyung said.

"WE CAN DO IT! FIGHTING!" Yunho cheered.

I too wanted to cheer up but I couldn't. I got very nervous while waiting for our turn as I had a stage fright too.

Soon it was our turn to perform. I slowly made my way to the back stage. My heart was pounding violently in my chest.

"The next group to perform is...ATEEZ! Please give them a round of applause," the anchor announced.

I was slowly making my way to the stage when I heard a familiar voice.

"GUYS!..." My eyes widened and I quickly turned back, others doing the same.

There stood Dahee, smiling at us brightly. She was also panting as if she ran all the way to here. She came near us.

A smile automatically crept on my face on seeing her. "Dahee-ah..."

"Am I dreaming or you're really here?" San said, blinking his eyes several times.

"How could I miss your performance?...Ah, forget that for now. You have to perform now, right? What are you waiting for? Go quickly! People are waiting." She pushed us towards the stage.

"And guys..." We looked back at her. "FIGHTING!!!" Dahee flashed her beautiful smile.

I smiled widely. I felt like I gained energy to do my best. I took a deep breath and walked towards the stage with the others.

If I'm not alone, I can do it as long as I have friends that will support me...I do not think I'm alone anymore.

To be continued...