Monsters slithering out of manholes, crawling out of buildings, moving away from shady alleyways that could literally not be shady from the lack of anything in the entire city. There was pretty much an entire army in front of them.

Yet, they stood both casually and as on guard as can be.

"Wow, there's quite a lot of them!" Superalloy Darkshine whistled, impressed as he put a hand over his eyes to stop the glare from the sun.

"Master," Iaian narrowed his eyes. "I sense them behind us too."

"That's not all, Iaian. I feel their presence all around. We're practically surrounded."

"It'd take a fool to not notice that at this point," Flashy Flash stated, scoffing as he looked in his peripherals, hand slowly crawling towards his blade.

Saitama sniffed, "Okay, seriously, what are you all talking about? Sensing them? You have eyes, y'know. Use 'em."

"Baldy," Tornado sighed, crossing her arms. "Are you gonna help them or not?"

"Fine, fine. Don't forget our bet, though."

"It's not a bet," she smirked smugly. "It's an investment for me, 'cause you're definitely not winning it."

"You two made a bet?" Flashy Flash deadpanned. "This is kind of serious, if neither of you noticed."

Saitama shrugged casually, yawning a little bit, "Meh. It's just whoever kills more monsters treats the others out to breakfast tomorrow. That's it."

For a moment, the S-Class turned silent, before gaining a glint in their eyes.

"I want in," Flashy Flash declared. "We pretty much all make enough money to afford it."

"Screw it, me too," Atomic Samurai smirked. "A free breakfast? Count me in."

"You act like you'd get more kills than me," Amai Mask scoffed. "I'll show you all how it's done."

"This is a rescue mission," Sekingal sighed.

"So, how's it gonna work?" Tornado sniffed, scanning over all the monsters. "Whoever gets the least kills pays for everyone?"

The heroes who were suddenly in on the bet agreed. It was much more likely, after all, to not get the least kills rather than get the most over everyone else. However, the main condition would be that the order of most to least kills would pay a lesser amount. For example, whoever got first paid the least, no matter how expensive the meal, second paid a little more than them, all the way to last, who'd been burdened with the harsh charge of 50% of the bill.

"God, I can't wait to order something super expensive just to make Amai Mask pay," Atomic Samurai smirked, his stomach already grumbling.

"Again...it's not like I'd be outdone by every single one of you," Amai Mask narrowed his eyes.

Tornado snorted, "You were clearly outdone by Saitama."

Flashy Flash remembered the incident, and despite his normal cold demeanor, let out a little 'hmph' of amusement.

However, their casual discussion was interrupted by an old, withered rag forcefully landing on the ground, bringing a light breeze with it.

Tornado quirked an eyebrow as it seemed to sprout arms, lighting a finger on two hands while its arms' skin opened up little by little.

A few thuds were heard, followed by loud creaking that was sure to trigger somebody's tinnitus.

As they crashed onto the ground, the horde was released, unleashing a plethora of monsters, signaling the ones that were already visible to jump onto the pile as well.