The House of Evolution

Another chapter, the 6th one! I finally finished Pokémon Omega Ruby, and I loved so much of it. I only wish that there was a bit more challenge in it, though Pokémon Ultra Moon was much, much easier. I'm also really, really anticipating the ending of Shokugeki No Soma/Food Wars, and the release of it is gonna be tomorrow, the day after the release of this chapter!

Also, school's been in session for a week for me, and I'm honestly...not doing too bad. How about you guys? Is school going well for all of you?

Anyways, beyond all the rambling I just did, I hope you guys enjoy the sixth chapter, and I hope that I wrote it well for all of you to enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own One Punch Man. Should be obvious by the fact that Tornado's with Saitama here and not in Canon.

Initial release date: August 27th, 2019

~~~

Chapter note: This is mostly a plot-related chapter, and not much moves the relationship forward here. If you wanna move on to the next chapter, which is more character-based, go for it (unless you're reading this in the period before I released the next chapter.)

Saturday had finally come around. Birds were singing, flowers were blooming, and such. As Genos rose in the morning, earlier than his bald teacher as always. Heating up Jasmine tea, turning on the stove to cook some hotpot.

Staring at the window, he turned around as he heard Saitama groan, stretching out like a cat of some sort. Quite conveniently, the timer for the hotpot went off just then, just as he finished pouring two cups of tea to set on the table.

"Good morning, Sensei," he greeted. "I take it you remember our plans with Miss Tornado today?"

"Eh?" The bald hero spoke, confused. "What plans?"

Genos sighed. Although he had great respect for his Sensei's determination to become strong, as well as his immense strength, it was tough to overlook the ignorance and apathy of the bald hero. As he grabbed the hotpot, he heard a sound of realization.

"Ohhhhhh," Saitama spoke. "I remember now. Aren't we going to the House of Evolvers or something?"

"Evolution," Genos corrected. "I suggest you get ready now. It appears Tornado is going to come soon, based off of her texts from before you awoke." Saitama slowly rose, his back cracking multiple times. Once again, Genos lightly lectured his Sensei, reminding him to use his paycheck from the Hero Association to buy a proper bed as to not hurt his back, but to no avail.

Once Saitama had finished getting dressed in his Hero's outfit, he sat down to enjoy his hotpot. Genos stood nearby, taking a call from Tornado. However, a nearby thud prompted Genos to end the call quickly, yet politely.

"Saitama-Sensei," he addressed. "Tornado will be late by ten minutes, by her estimation."

His eyes widened, alerting his Sensei, "High-speed object approaching, Sensei. I suggest you brace for impact." He armed his weaponry, his palms glowing a dim orange.

Just as he had predicted, a large green humanoid mantis came through the roof, his brain transparent through his forehead. He stood in a battle stance, only being partially fazed after a piece of Saitama's roof fell on his arm.

"I am Kamakyuri, and--" The praying mantis began to introduce itself, before a red glove met its head, splattering green blood all over the wall.

"Pay for my ceiling first," Saitama growled. "God, don't monsters have any sort of manners?" He grabbed a nearby paper towel, wiping off the blood.

After Saitama finished wiping off the blood from the green praying Mantis, he looked out his balcony only to see two more monsters looking up at him. Groaning, he assumed that they were only there to accompany the new casualty, and opened the balcony door to take care of them. However, Genos jumped out of the house through the new hole in the ceiling, clear determination written on his face. It was clear he was out to prove his worthiness to his Sensei.