2

school was boring. but finally the day was over and you were on your way home. you were walking with your best friend, charlotte.

"ugh, i'm so mad! i cant believe those assholes treated you like that y/n. i'm so sorry.." she said, her fists were clenched with anger. "don't worry about it charlotte, it's not your fault. they always pick on me for being a bit of a social reject anyway haha." you chuckled sadly.

(flashback to school)

"hey y/n, you do know it's not halloween, right?"
"why do you dress so weird?!"
"you're disgusting. no one likes you"

(fast forward to present)

"just cos you're a little different doesn't mean they can say that stuff to you! it's not fair." said charlotte. she was always there for you when she could. "anyway, here's my stop. see you soon y/n." said charlotte, she waved goodbye and you kept walking on.

you started to speed up a bit as it was starting to rain. and then you remembered... the house! you didn't even know the boys name yet, so you figured you'd go there and ask. plus maybe you could stay there until the rain eases a bit...

you finally arrived at the house. you guessed he'd be upstairs again, however he was waiting for you in the living room. he was sat on a dusty looking sofa. "hello?" he called out quietly. you noticed him and sat next to him.

"hey..! i'm back!" you smiled at him. you noticed he kept his arms away from you as best he could. you appreciated it, but it also made you feel very sad. like he didn't trust himself...?

"by the way, what's your name?" you asked him. he sighed quietly and said "edward." you always loved that name, there was something about it. "well, i'm y/n. it's very nice to meet you." you went to shake his hand, until you remembered again and put your hand down. there was a minute of silence. all you could hear was the rain against the window.

"it's really heavy... this house is so cold." you said, shivering. "i would offer you a blanket but.. i'm afraid i don't have one that's not... ripped." he said. you noticed tears forming in his eyes. but then you had an idea.

"come home with me." you said. his eyes widened. "i.. i cant. i just can't." he said, and looked down at his scissor hands. "why not?" you asked. you put your hand on his shoulder and rubbed them a bit to comfort him.

"last time... i was ran out of town. it was really bad..." the tears in his eyes ran down to his pale cheeks. over his bumpy, scarred skin. you wiped them away with your sleeve. "it's okay. i won't let anything happen to you. i'll protect you edward. please..?" you asked. he finally agreed. it was still raining so you to tried to be as quick as possible.

you finally arrived home. "wow.. this neighbourhood is very different from how i remember it." said edward, in disbelief. you chuckled and opened the door. "i wonder if mums home... MUM!!" you called out. there was no reply, you guessed she was still at work.

"make yourself at home edward. do you want a drink?" you asked. he nodded, so you went to the kitchen to make tea.

edwards POV

this place... it's so strange. everything is so... modern. this huge TV... the modern phones... it's all so odd. i'm not used to anything like this. ever since i ran away many years ago i just stayed in my dark gloomy house. i gave up my only hobbies. i just stayed in the dark. it's been so long since i've even been outside and seen the sun. have i gotten even paler..?

your POV

you brought in the two cups of tea and set edwards down on the coffee table. you began to drink yours but then you realised. "oh, silly me. you're gonna need help drinking that, right?" you asked. he nodded his head, so you helped him drink the tea by holding the cup for him. he was very grateful for that. it had been a long time since someone showed him compassion.

the front door suddenly opened, startling edward. his scissor hands hit him in the face, leaving him another scar, on his cheek. "oh gosh.. that's a deep cut. let me go get the first aid kit..." you said, as you ran off to find it.

suddenly, you hear your mother scream, so you ran back into the living room.

"what is it?" you asked, worried.

"this... monster!! what is it doing in our living room!?" she screamed. her face was pale, like she had just seen a ghost. edward was just as frightened. "mum... mum please calm down and let me explain everything." you didn't really think any of this through...

some time passed and you had mainly explained everything to your mother. "so please mum, let him stay. he has no one to help him. he needs to stay here!" you beg. she finally agrees, rolling her eyes however. "thank you so much i... " before you could finish your sentence your mother cuts you off.

"BUT!"

you and edward both look up at her.

"if he hurts anyone with those... scissors... he's out. i cannot be having him injure people." she said. this made you anxious as he might accidentally hurt someone, but you agreed anyways. you'd just have to stay with edward to make sure he stays out of trouble.

it was now night time. you were showing edward the spare bedroom that he could stay in. "we have some spare pyjamas..." you said, digging in one of the closets for the pyjamas. you finally found them. "these should be your size." you said.

you passed the pyjamas to edward, but then you remembered he wouldn't be able to put them on himself, and you didn't want him to cut himself on accident. "i suppose you need help with this, right?" you asked him. "please.." he said, looking disappointed in himself. "hey, it's okay! we all need a little help sometimes." you reassured him.

you helped him out of his clothes, but then you noticed something on his arms. scars. loads and loads of scars. more than on his face. some pretty new ones, and some old ones. there was dried blood on his arms.

"edward..." you said, as your finger traced some of the older scars. you were careful not to touch the open wounds. "edward were these accidents? what happened here?" you asked, worriedly. you looked up at him, his eyes were sad, and he was tearing up.

"it's what i deserve.. for being a monster." said edward. his face was so sad and empty, there was barely any expression left. he had clearly been through so much. you pulled him into a warm embrace and rubbed his back. "please don't hurt yourself on purpose edward. it's not worth it..." you said, trying your best not to cry. he nodded his head, and then you helped him put his pyjamas on.

he got into bed and put his head on the pillow. "i hope you're comfy." you said. he nodded and smiled at you. "well then, good night." you said, then turned off the light and went to bed yourself.