1

"it's seriously raining again? mum, please don't make me go to school today!" you said, as you were applying thick black eyeliner. your mother called back saying "you have to y/n! you cannot miss another day. now get ready! come on, you don't want to be late now." you rolled your eyes and finished up with your makeup. your hair was teased back and in two pony tails, you have a black lacy dress on and black knee high socks with platform shoes. you came downstairs, your mother looked at you in disappointment. "do you seriously have to wear such awful clothes? and your makeup, it's way too heavy." she said. you just ignored her, she always made mean remarks about the way you liked to dress. "whatever, i'm leaving now. bye mum!" you said, as you left the house.

the route to your school was... strange. there were many overgrown trees, and even though you had never been close enough to see, it looked like there was a dark mansion in the distance. your phone started to ring so you picked up.

"hello?" you said. "hey y/n! are you coming to school today?" your friend, charlotte asked on the phone. however, you couldn't take your eyes off that house. it looked so interesting, even though you couldn't see the whole thing. just some of the roof poking through the trees.

"y/n? y/n!" charlotte shouted, over the phone. you almost dropped your phone as it startled you. "oh, sorry! um..." you had a thought. maybe.. you could skip school and explore that mansion! however you wanted to be alone incase you found anything. "um, no sorry charlotte! i don't feel very well." you lied. she sighed and said "but y/n, you never come in!" however you were too focused on the house to care. you hung up without saying goodbye, and started to walk towards the house.

everything was overgrown. there was ivy up the house bricks, bushes were extremely messy, grass hadn't been mowed, etc. you went to reach for the door knob, however the door opened very easily. it seemed like the lock may have been broken. the house was dark, but the sun made it easier to see inside. the wallpaper had scratches all over it, smashed windows, it was a huge mess.

"no ones living here, no one would mind if i just had a look around..." you muttered to yourself. every room was dusty! it would take ages to explore the whole mansion, so you decided to go straight upstairs to the attic.

the roof was broken, bits of it were on the floor. there was dried blood on the floorboards. it started to creep you out a bit. "i-is anyone in here..?" you called out. the blood didn't look very old, and it made you anxious. you decided you should probably leave, and you turned around to go downstairs, but just as you were about to go...

"wait.."

you quickly turned around, startled. you saw a figure walking towards you from the shadows. "please... don't go." said the voice. the figure came into the light. he was a tall, pale skinned man with black messy hair. his arms were behind his back. "who are you..? what are you doing here in this abandoned place?" you asked the man. you stepped towards him but he immediately stepped away.

"please... don't come near me. i don't want to hurt anyone else." he said. his face looked scared. he was clearly frightened. "why would you hurt me?" you asked him. his arms slowly moved from behind his back. when you saw his 'hands', you gasped.

"your hands... what happened to them..?" you asked. you reached out and gently held his arm to look at them closer. you trusted he wouldn't hurt you, you had a good gut feeling about this boy.

"i was never completed. i've been in this mansion.. alone.. for many years now. i did have a hobby; hair dressing, topiary, stuff like that. but since im all alone i just... stopped."

you felt bad for him. he seemed like a lovely boy. "by the way... what year is it? i've been in this mansion for.. so long.." the boy asked. his expression was sad, empty and lonely. you wanted to just give him a hug, however you didn't want to risk cutting yourself.

"it's 2020." you said. he sighed, clearly he had been in this house for many years now. "do you just... not age?" you asked him. he shook his head. you guessed that already since he wasn't really a human. suddenly, your phone started ringing again. it was your mother.

"mum?" you asked, as you picked up the phone. she sounded very angry. "where the hell are you? you should be at school, but they called me and told me you didn't arrive. you better not be skipping." she said, you got anxious and panicked a little, you couldn't think of what to say.

"um... i'm sorry..! i got a bit held up. i'm uh... on my way there now." you said, then you quickly hung up and put your phone back in your bag. "i'm really sorry, but i've got to get to school. i'll come see you on my way home. you'll still be here, right?" you asked. he nodded his head. he didn't really speak much, he was very quiet. you waved goodbye and quickly made your way to school.