"Hey ma." He laughed slightly.

I poked my bottom lip out and I felt myself start to cry.

"Awww, mane don't do that." He motioned for me to come over to him.

I slowly walked over to him and he scooted over, patting the bed. I sat down and made eye contact with him.

"T-Tremani. I-I need you to t-tell me everything you c-can remember." I stuttered.

"Umm I'll try." He shrugged. He grabbed my hand I looked down, before sighing and looking back up.

"So, it was the day after Kentrell's baby shower,  and I stayed the night at Shèyaa crib because...someone dropped us off and I ain't wanna make them go out they way to drop me off on the other side of town. So I stayed with him. Then the next morning I woke up still drunk and lowkey hung over. So I was shitting and vomiting and talking about how much I missed- how much I uh, nevermind. But I got in my car still drunk as a bitch and this huge ass thing just...poof...collides with me. Now Im here." He hums proudly.

"Taurus you gotta be more careful bruh. You probably got hit by a truck." I touched his face.

He looked at me and sighed. "I'm sorry for worrying you, but I know you don't wanna be here-"

"I don't care what we goin through T, Ima stay here withchu as long as you need." I told him, getting off his bed.

He still had a tight grip on my hand and I kept it there, using my phone with my other.

Then, I was getting another call.

"I run that nigga over for you and you still don't want me? Huh!" A gruff voice came through the phone.

"You're insane. I'm telling the cops. You need to stop calling, stop texting. Leave me alone, Bashar. You have a girlfriend- a family. Worry about them." I spoke as calmly as possible, hanging my phone up.

"You hadda nigga run me ova?" Taurus mumbled. I immediately shook my head no, getting back on his bed.

"Like two weeks after we broke up, the day before I saw you at Babies-R-Us, some guy gave me his phone number in Walmart, and I was bored so I texted him. Ion know how he knew about you, but maybe he was watching me before. I'm so sorry. I would never do something like that to you. Y-you have t-to believe m-me. T-Taurus I-"

He cut me off by putting his finger on my lips.

"Stop crying. I believe you." He said, wiping a tear from under my eye.

"Taurus I'm sorry, the reason we broke up is because I was being dramatic and self conscious." I admitted.

Taurus kissed my hand. "You wasn't goin no where anyways."

"And how you know that?" I challenged.

"Cause you my bitch, duh." He said, laying down.

"Ion like how you be callin me a bitch." I lied.

He sucked his teeth. "You love that shit. Pass me my phone?"

I went in the bag they gave me of his stuff and pulled his phone out.

"It's cracked T." I hanged it to him.

He cussed lightly under his breath. "Aigh, Imma have to get a new one."

I slumped onto the chair in his room, watching Spongbob on the hospital TV with him.

Soon enough the doctor came back. "Hey Mr.Bartlett. So we have your X-Rays. You have a broken ankle and you'll need some stitches. So you'll have to get that casted up, and we'll give you some crutches. Do you have anyone that'll be able to stay with you for six weeks?" She asked.