Chapter20||Into the Ruins pt.2

Start from the beginning

Sean was around the cooker as usual and Jerald leaned against the wall at the foot of the stairs.

They both were oddly quiet, only staring up at me. And come to think of it where was that other guy from earlier? The one that drives the Jeep.

"What?" I questioned. And they both said that we needed to talk. I agreed and took a seat around the large glass-top table. Sean set down the food a bit after.

"You wanna tell us what happened a while ago? " Jerald said, in between chewing his food. Man, I really don't wanna talk about this right now.

"Nothing happened. " I rolled my eyes. Sean remained quiet. Jerald scoffed.

"Right, like I'mma believe you. "

"Believe what? " I heard Jacob's voice booming throughout the room, followed by the door being closed and the keys thrown on the countertop.

"Orianna had a p-" I quickly gave both of them a look, which told them to shut up.

Jerald quickly dismissed what he was saying and Sean just continue with his food.

In a swift motion, Jacob pulls out a chair and sits down right beside me, a huge smile plastered across his face.

I look around to see if anyone else notices and just then Sean chuckles.

"You good bro? " Sean gestures to Jacob. He tells him he's alright before pulling out his phone and immediately, seeing that someone was calling him.

A peep at the screen to see just an unknown number pop up.

He glares at me with annoyance before answering the call and disappearing into the living room.

Jerald scoffs.

Not before long he re-enters the dining area and sits back down beside me. He begins dishing things onto his plate as if it's any other day.

We all pause staring at him.

"What? " He asks between chewing.

"Are you okay? " I ask him once again. He let out a light chuckle before turning to me, his green eyes trained on me.

"I'm fine. " He says with a small smile and somehow his tone doesn't match his eyes.

"Where'd you go? " I ask and he turns his gaze from me.

"Took care of some business. " He smirks before taking a sip of water. We all just exchanged glances. Afterward, we all just sit in silence and finish our food.

Sean gets up first, heading upstairs, and then Jerald, who just goes over Into the living room. Leaving only me and Jacob around the table.

He turns on the TV and I hear that the news is on.

"19-year-old Jeremiah Peterman was found dead by Police today. Upon investigation, it was discovered that the victim had 10 gunshot wounds in total." The news anchor speaks and the tension in the room grows even more as if that were even possible. My eyes make their way onto Jacob who was already looking at me. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a part of the floorboards open up, and out comes a guy.

Once he's further I realize it was the same Jeep driver guy from earlier. But when did he get there? And how did the police not even suspect that someone else was here?

"Damn, X, I forgot you were even here. " Jerald speaks up, feeling about the sides of his pockets.

Huh, so he's called X.

"Jacob!" I faintly hear Sean's voice from upstairs. "You sly dog. " He continues, his voice now booms throughout downstairs as he reaches the foot of the staircase.

I looked to Jacob who just seemed dumbfounded.

Sean made his way over to Jacob, hitting him playfully on the shoulder. X takes a seat in front of him. Jacob on the other hand just stared off into the distance. All of a sudden I am caught off guard by the smell of smoke and I look to my left to see Jerald with a cigarette in the corner of his mouth, getting high on the couch.

These people are incredible. And not in a good way.

"Jacob, bro, say something. " Jerald adds and I'm just so confused. Jacob huffs and shakes his head.

"No." He runs a hand through his hair.

"I had nothing to do with this. "

° ° °

Yasss guys I'm backkkk, ik ik, I'm so sorry I've been so swamped with some personal stuff, and with everything that has been going on, I felt that I needed to take a step back and clear my head. But now I am back baby!

Tell me what u guys thought of this one.

If u enjoy what I write you can leave a comment and vote.

XoXo

-Stay Safe

~Killerbeanqxeen